The World Cup Brazil 2014

oh gods, messis face, look at that guy :|

edit: justification for that? consolation prize or something?

Last edited:
German smugness incoming about how supremely, ultimately awesome and one-sided Germany played this match... :rolleyes:

It was a german game after all. Argentine was all defence and no offence. They fucked us and holland with that same tactic. If they won, they wouldn't deserve it.

How the fuck did Messi get the golden ball?!

It kinda reminds me of 1990, where the relieving one and only goal also happened a few minutes before the end. But back then it was a penalty and tonight we had Mario G?tze

Messi player of the tournament? That doesn't sit well with me

I say it was a good, maybe even a great final. While Germany were dominating most of the time, they were unable to translate that domination into goals. While I think we deserved the win, I'd have said the same about Argentina if they'd have managed to score in our place. They were as close as we were.

It was a german game after all. Argentine was all defence and no offence. They fucked us and holland with that same tactic. If they won, they wouldn't deserve it.

You must have missed the whole of the first half.

Messi played with an injury, I'm sure. He was one on one with the keeper, and hit it just a little wide, he's been slower and slower as matches kept going. That's just not him. Germany were lucky this time around, they must realize. Di Maria out, Aguero nursing a muscular injury as well. And they can thank the Argentine manager for sending Palacio and Gago on, two players who I think add nothing to the team, almost like playing with 9 players.

All in all... football is a sport where 22 men run after the ball for 90 120 minutes and then Germany wins.

Should have bought stock in some German brewery...

Last edited:
Why are you even here? If my team had won I'd be out celebrating all night... Now I can't discuss football in a football thread?

This is dark.

1910481_10153205599975476_1593820805678799895_n.jpg

Well, black humor is like food: either you have it or you don't

^this guy definitely doesn't have it.

Great goal, worthy enough to win a World Cup Final, well done & congrats Germany! :cheers:

Nice one. Was a good, close game. Germany had more possession, but the Argentinians were more dangerous in front of the goal the few times they were close enough for a shot.
The goal was great, even if I don't like the player. ;)

Golden ball for Mess I seemed a little far-fetched, yes.

And most importantly: I made it out of the city centre without being run over by a victory-drunk driver. :D

10405432_930234220336526_8036943908438318240_n.jpg

Reactions: MWF
Hell of a game by both teams, it was really close and tense pretty much the entire time. Could've gone either way at any moment, really.
Well done to Argentina, if they had taken it it would've been absolutely deserved, no question.

All in all a great match with superb performances by both teams. Very happy for the German team, after getting so close so many times... especially happy for Klose, what a great crown to put on his career. :)

Germany were lucky this time around, they must realize. Di Maria out, Aguero nursing a muscular injury as well.

It's not like Germany wasn't missing players as well, with Kramer having to stand-in for Khedira. Who then had to be subbed after half an hour after taking a shoulder to the face. And it's not like Argentina didn't have any luck this match either. There were two tackles on Schweinsteiger towards the end by players that already had a yellow which could've easily been another yellow. That said, H?wedes had a tackle in the first half where he was lucky to only see a yellow. I'm sure you could find plenty more examples for both sides. Really, both teams had things that worked against them and things that worked in their favour. Saying it just came down to luck really doesn't do either team's performance justice, imo.

German smugness incoming about how supremely, ultimately awesome and one-sided Germany played this match... :rolleyes:

Preemptive flame? Classy. :clap:

Congratz to all my German buddies; hope your heads aren't too sore this morning.

The game last night was pretty even and either side could have nicked it with a single goal. As it is I think in spite of that Germany are the worthy winners on the basis of their performance throughout the whole tournament, but praise to Argentina for the way they played and more importantly behaved on the pitch.