The WRX.

Jay

the fool on the hill
Some new pictures taken yesterday at Mortons Arboretum in Lisle, Illinois.

My car now has the RA-R red stripe around the center grille.

A young Coyote.

He ambled off. Coyotes are for the most part too scared of humans, they rather chase down rabbits and squirrels.

So, besides the RA-R stripe, my only mod to the car is unseen, but felt. I reflashed the ECU to Stage 1 specs, making it around 225 wheel horsepower, Supposedly.

And it cost me nothing, since a person I work with bought a OBDII cable with a USB end for his 2002 WRX, and the program is easily attainable through downloadable means. The ECU's on WRX's and STi's are made to be fiddled with, and Subaru really corks up their engines from the factory. Now the engine doesn't fall flat on it's face at 4,000 rpms, but keeps pulling to redline.

Oh, and the speed limiter is gone, so I can technically go 180 MPH, calculated on gearing. So far the fastest this car has gone is 135....ish. :p

Have I ever mentioned I love this car? It is like Subaru wants you to fiddle with the settings, see if you can extract every bit of power out of it.

I suppose sometime I will lower it using STI "pink" springs (anything lower than 15mm make the car handle worse, believe it or not) Larger front and rear sway bars, and above all, better tires. Probably on Gold rims. :D

fantastic. definitly the best looking impreza since the GC body style. also i don't know how much of an issue it is with the newer imprezzas but an Anti-lift kit was always the first thing my subie driving friends added to their cars

u live in illinois?

me too

nice car man

its nice to a non riced out WRX

all the ones i see look very strange and loud(not in a good way though)

:drool: Gorgeous car and great pictures.

^ I love the first pic! Stepladder?

And nice car indeed. Good to see you haven't gone to Halfords town with the mods. :)

Two suggestions:

1) 04/05 taillights
2) Wheels and springs.

Two suggestions:

1) 04/05 taillights
2) Wheels and springs.

For the tail lights, I have been looking for someone to do an even trade; no luck so far. As for wheels and springs, it is tempting to get a set of STI pinks, though my back just cannot handle a stiff ride anymore; partly the reason I did not buy an STI.
Myself I think the wheels look great stock, so they will be staying on. Sometime in the future there will be a child in my life, and at this point I cannot justify a different set of rims when the ones I have are acceptable to me. If you squint they kind of look like Panasports....

Where is the proof that is your car! :p

I doubted it, but the Subaru effect has kicked in for that model's styling. It really does look good.

Now get some gold wheels and a pack of 555s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
No ! Don't go ginger on the wheels. That's really out of fashion in the UK Scooby scene.

I used to have an 03 WRX running 260bhp via the Prodrive Performance Pack option. Money spent wisely on suspension and chassis products makes these cars unbelievably quick in the twisties. I could enter some bends at 140 which would see normal cars heading for an early grave at half that. Mine had AST coilovers with Whiteline bars (22mm F/24mm R), steel droplinks (the OE plastic ones flex and can snap), and some bracing. Running on Bridgestone RE070 tyres it was jaw-droppingly fast on challenging roads.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/garage/2003-Subaru-Impreza-411-corradoboy.html

Yesterday I took some pictures of a grey Subaru.
This one reminds me of the first one you posted.
Enjoy!
4144559609_06622c8dea_o.jpg

4144559051_49a0ac0490_o.jpg

4144558463_7a7e8467a5_o.jpg

Reactions: Jay