The WTF Japan thread

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom

ioynerien

Car(s)
'12 Opel Astra (ordered)
^just wander around in Harajuku (Shibuya, Tokyo) on a sunday - plenty of examples of all sorts

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)

What?

Last edited:

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
:lol: now that's an idea I can get behind
I'll start packing...

well, they are the home of cosplay.
Jail sentence waiting to happen?

Well, apart from the overly decorated trucks and those VIP things, and based on Anime evidence, I can safely say Japanese people treat their cars with a little more--Oh dear god, KILL IT WITH FIRE!

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
For curiosity's sake, I'd love to know what perfectly mundane things we in the West do the Japanese think of as weird.

GRtak

Forum Addict
Monster trucks. They are not monsters, Godzilla is a monster, Mothra is a monster, Bigfoot is a rednecks wet dream with big tires! :p

gaasc

DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
That's what I'm on about. I like cars, I like Anime, I don't like them combined, apart from the J-pop blasting from my stereo.
@calvinhobbes, good question, the only thing I can imagine is not showering before taking a bath. And not stuffing Hello Kitty everywhere

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
That's what I'm on about. I like cars, I like Anime, I don't like them combined, apart from the J-pop blasting from my stereo.
@calvinhobbes, good question, the only thing I can imagine is not showering before taking a bath. And not stuffing Hello Kitty everywhere
Around here bathing is irregular, it's pretty much all showers. Plus we aren't big into taking off shoes before entering the house, though that can vary by household. Switching shoes when coming into school doesn't happen at all.

gaasc

DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
ah yeah, those small details we forget when watching anime that are actually quite a bit important. Also and I've just remembered. I've just remembered, talking on your cellphone in public places.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
ah yeah, those small details we forget when watching anime that are actually quite a bit important. Also and I've just remembered. I've just remembered, talking on your cellphone in public places.
I don't think the weirdness levels are quite the same, dating sim resort hotels vs. not taking shoes off sometimes :p