The WTF Japan thread

^just wander around in Harajuku (Shibuya, Tokyo) on a sunday - plenty of examples of all sorts

well, they are the home of cosplay.
o0793056310727379234.jpg

4225383736_c8ca6505d4.jpg

What?

Last edited:
go-cart? Go, cart!

:lol: now that's an idea I can get behind

I'll start packing...

well, they are the home of cosplay.
o0793056310727379234.jpg

Jail sentence waiting to happen?

Well, apart from the overly decorated trucks and those VIP things, and based on Anime evidence, I can safely say Japanese people treat their cars with a little more--Oh dear god, KILL IT WITH FIRE!

http://img693.imageshack.**/img693/9997/500xitashatoppic.jpg

For curiosity's sake, I'd love to know what perfectly mundane things we in the West do the Japanese think of as weird.

Monster trucks. They are not monsters, Godzilla is a monster, Mothra is a monster, Bigfoot is a rednecks wet dream with big tires! :p

That's what I'm on about. I like cars, I like Anime, I don't like them combined, apart from the J-pop blasting from my stereo.
@calvinhobbes, good question, the only thing I can imagine is not showering before taking a bath. And not stuffing Hello Kitty everywhere

That's what I'm on about. I like cars, I like Anime, I don't like them combined, apart from the J-pop blasting from my stereo.
@calvinhobbes, good question, the only thing I can imagine is not showering before taking a bath. And not stuffing Hello Kitty everywhere

Around here bathing is irregular, it's pretty much all showers. Plus we aren't big into taking off shoes before entering the house, though that can vary by household. Switching shoes when coming into school doesn't happen at all.

ah yeah, those small details we forget when watching anime that are actually quite a bit important. Also and I've just remembered. I've just remembered, talking on your cellphone in public places.

ah yeah, those small details we forget when watching anime that are actually quite a bit important. Also and I've just remembered. I've just remembered, talking on your cellphone in public places.

I don't think the weirdness levels are quite the same, dating sim resort hotels vs. not taking shoes off sometimes :p