The WTF Japan thread

And WTF is going on here? is this some kind of contest? And if so who won?? (besides us:p )

[video=youtube;OU6uBb-a7jY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU6uBb-a7jY[/video]

Well I think I have it nailed down to japanese family entertainment where a insecure and slightly hyperactive children programming host on medication is presented to the girl group SDN48 (which despite the name only has 26 members (or ~24-25)) who in turn meet with a famous japanese man with a rotund appearance and a unusual hairstyle that choreographs a song that SDN48 is allowed to sing and dance in it's entirety after SDN48 have revealed that they have chosen the punishment for the loosing party in this as of yet unclear mission is to be threathened with ingesting and/or doing something else with the spicy tabasco shown on screen with sound effects solidifying its apparent spicyness as the girls are then allowed to perform their choreographed dance and the challenge is finally issued by by seemingly the only female host of the program when she takes out a spade and declares a "winnner" which reveals that as we all expected the medicated woman with racoon eyes shall squeeze and judge the breasts of all six members of SDN48 currently present in the studio and supposedly find the girl whose girth is equal to the target or perhaps the one with the biggest girth overall all the while the male show hosts (who appear to be very numerous) starts to loudly question if this content can actually be broadcast on TV (which is a ridicilous question to ask in Japan) as the feeled up girls are crying with humiliation and/or joy.

Take that punctuation marks.

Last edited:
They are 24-26 years old with 37 members, that's about all I could decipher, no explanation for 48.... except that apparently the hosts find it hilarious.

I like how everything is subtitled just for show. The name of the program appears to be "Show Battle" or whatever sho bato is supposed to resemble in English.

They are 24-26 years old with 37 members, that's about all I could decipher, no explanation for 48.... except that apparently the hosts find it hilarious.

I like how everything is subtitled just for show. The name of the program appears to be "Show Battle" or whatever sho bato is supposed to resemble in English.

48 is for AKB48 and SDN48 is a sister group of it. I think they making fun of AKB48 because it is more popular or something?

Speaking of AKB48s popularity, their entire marketing department should be dumped in this thread! I read somewhere that they were giving away panties with AKB48 branding :? and another wtf marketing ploy was posted on this thread if I remember correctly.

^ That still doesn't actually explain what the 48 means.
It's the favorite number of the president of the talent agency they work for.

It's time to bump this thread with the new predator simulator PS Vita game Photo Kano Kiss which will never be released outside of Japan for obvious reasons.

[video=youtube;mJAC-TkVwSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mJAC-TkVwSE[/video]

Last edited:

Yeah they are all men. :lol: If my Japanese is correct the guy in pink is married and has kids. I wonder what I would think of my father if he dressed up as a female anime character and went snowboarding.

Beer is, as most things, different in Japan.

bluebeerfeature.jpg

The Abashiri Brewery in Hokkaido which, judging by its website, really is some kind of beer-themed Willy Wonka side project, boasts what may be the world?s first naturally blue beer.

Always ready to get drunk for the sake of our readers, RocketNews24 took it upon ourselves to investigate this mystifying beer anomaly, appropriately named the Ryuhyou Draft (?Ice Floe Draft?), at a beachside pub.

We half expected the whole thing to be some kind of hoax; a regular beer served in a blue novelty glass or what have you. But upon pouring the bottled brew into a clear glass (and again into a clear party cup), we were surprised to find that it is, in fact, completely blue.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/05/...-it-came-from-alcoholic-willy-wonkas-factory/

Here's more beer, made from nothing listed in the reinheitsgebot, due to taxation laws on malt.

Awesome Japanese Website thing said:
Whether you realize it or not, you?ve probably had a happoshu (????or ?low-malt beer-like beverage? if you?ve ever had a night out in Japan.

The taste of a typical happoshu can vary from ?pretty close to the real thing? to ?yes, this is definitely weasel urine.? Going into a convenience store and blindly grabbing a beer can is thus a bit of a gamble in Japan, so, ever the masculine, barrel-chested and dashingly handsome role model father to our readers, we?ve done the work for you and chosen the five happoshu brands that are worth your time:

Due to some weird Japanese tax laws, beers that contained over 67% malt were historically taxed in a different category and at a higher rate than beverages that contained less. Suntory?s introduction of Hop?s Draft (65% malt) in 1994 triggered an arms race between the government and beverage makers, with the government progressively lowering the malt percentage threshold for a higher tax rate and beverage makers devising more and more devious methods to further lower the malt content or substitute it altogether.

Today, some happoshu contain no malt at all in order to take advantage of the government?s cheapest alcohol tax category, and are brewed from corn, soy, peas and possibly very old weasel urine. Let?s take a look at some of the varieties on offer.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/03/...s-everything-you-need-to-know-about-happoshu/

:blink:

Nice site BR! The onsen guy needs to visit us, women clean the male changing room with men in them in communal bathhouses, nothing strange about that. There's a sign. Signs are important. Also equality and men can't clean well. However our ratio of vending machines/people is clearly inferior.

Last edited:
So according to the excellent blog that the Rover linked ATMs in Japan are only open during bank hours. Daqfuq? That makes no sense at all. :?

It?s Japan.

They make love with ducks now?!
:lol: I don't dare google it but pretty sure they do now that you mention it.
This is an interesting read.
So if you're stranded in Okinawa at night without physical money for the taxi ride home because taxis don't take card and the ATMs are closed and you're robbed of your vital organs you can't go to the hospital because that's also closed? Japan U crazy. Maybe that's why they have the worlds slowest ambulances, they need to drive around for a few hours or a couple of days until the hospital open again.