The Yellow Peril! 1.1 Litres of 1986 Fiesta L

Still got this.

_93952804_swns_yellow_car_06.jpg

So there's a chap who lives in the Cotswolds, who had a bright yellow Vauxhall Corsa. Unfortunately this car got vandalised by some spiteful individual who thought it spoiled pictures of the village he lives in. It made national news last month, and rightfully so! You should be allowed to park whatever car you wish outside your property without expecting something like this.

In solidarity some car types have organised a yellow car convoy through said village, to raise money for charity and show our support for the poor chap who had his car damaged. So I'll be taking the Fiesta. :D

(Reminds me a little bit of Connor's day, which was one of the first events I took the Anglia to in 2012).

I remember seeing that in the news ages ago, didn't realize its been vandalized. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...rist-pictures-in-pretty-Cotswold-village.html

When is that event happening? I have nothing yellow but could bring the MX5.

When is that event happening? I have nothing yellow but could bring the MX5.

Vinyl wrap. :p Or at least take some custard tarts.

I'd ask if a yellow Dolomite would be joining in but I think I already know the answer. :lol:

Aside from the event what it wrong with some people? I'm keen on photography but wouldn't dream of complaining that someone's car 'ruined my shot' let alone actually resort to vandalism because of it. Blimey...

Attacking someones car because you don't like the color... some folks really are dense.

I imagine it's some of these folks with no imagination that drives the same black or gray car as their neighbours.

Dammit! Booked that weekend and can't make it.

Get Matt2000 down in Stubby Bob. That would piss the tourists right off.

So, yellow car convoy at the weekend. A bit of prep work beforehand, as other than an oil change, this car has had nothing really in the time I've owned it. First time for this one in the new workshop!

New plugs, tappets set, oil and filter, coolant, radiator and hoses. Unfortunately they only had sillicone hoses in stock... These won't be staying.

Also a NOS Ford aerial for all that medium wave goodness (smaller hole than most British cars, gigitty, so hard to find)

And a polish up.

And boot lock freed, wiper motor lubricated and a few other niggles it needed.

Blue hoses on a yellow car make it look like an Ikea edition.

Its Andeh at 2:34! But clearly the best car in the procession passes at 4:07 (no offence Andeh).

So much win! Obviously the Fiesta looked great there but some others caught my attention, especially the Lancia. How the MG ZSes managed to all get there without exploding is beyond me though. Shame there were no Inca yellow Stage 1s or Camel Trophy Land Rovers.

The avatar sorely needs updating to include your whole collection now. :p

Yeah! Thanks for the video link Russian, that's epic! Spotlights ftw.

The convoy was really good fun, I've got GoPro footage of the whole thing, but to be honest the video you shared is much better as you get to see more than just the Mini I followed. I even made it into the paper!

X7En9OF.jpg

l7w17ft.jpg

Today I picked up a new parcel shelf at an autojumble as my old one is bent, and pink, (not related).

Matt... you offering re: the avatar? ;)

Reactions: lip
Thinking about the Corsair body repairs reminded me that I never updated this thread. Winter of 2017 it had new wings, rear arches and inner/outer sills. It was then blown in and after spending way too much time sourcing them, I put the original, aftermarket pinstripes back. I spent ages trying to find centre caps to fit the wheels but just couldn't, so it's now got some Fiesta Ghia wheel trims. NOS floormats with Fiesta logo, and a replacement driver's seat helped the interior. 80s style plates like it originally had before the garage binned then are the finishing touch. Last year I did all the rear end suspension, and hopefully the front end this year. Looks a really tidy little car now and I use it quite a bit in the summer.

FB_IMG_1612825243568.jpg

FB_IMG_1612825253349.jpg

FB_IMG_1612825256732.jpg

FB_IMG_1612825247402.jpg