There really IS one of everything in Dallas

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
You find all sorts of strange cars in the Dallas area - so many that some local gearheads (including starfox07 and myself) speculate that there's probably one of *every* car somewhere in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Here's some additional evidence to support this hypothesis, spotted in Richardson this evening.

1988 Citro?n CX 22 TRS:

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

1990 Alfa Romeo 33 Imola:

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

Volvo 480 Turbo:

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

None of these were ever officially imported to the US that I know of.

Edit: Was cruising the local sites, found the cars on Craigslist. Both the Alfa and the Citro?n are for sale - here's the Craigslist ad for the CX 22:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/977224403.html

And the Alfa:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/977856508.html

Looks like the guy also has a 1993 Alfa 155 Turbodiesel:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/977845772.html

And his website shows a bunch of other cars:

http://www.gratishosting.net/users/hvrijssel/index1.htm

Last edited:
All those are pretty rare in europe (apart from maybe the volvo), and they were sold here!

Holy crap, that 'lil Volvo is sexy! :heart: I've never thought that about a Volvo before - besides some of the really old ones.

As far as I know, we never got any of those down here either. But it doesn't mean that someone somewhere didn't import one, of course.

480 turbo.... even i havent seen many of those for a long time!!!

that big citroen is awesome too.... i think its called the BX over here, or it was when it was built

that 480 tho, probably one of my favourite cars, my mums friend used to have one in black, looked epic. the C30 is supposed to be the reincarnation, but without pop up lights, it isnt

There will be no trouble getting parts for that CX in Dallas then. Shame its not the turbo with the unique Michelin tyres!

[YOUTUBE]RmxlluyIxcI[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: AiR
Um... Citro?n hasn't been here in the States in 30 years or more. I don't know how that thing got here, but parts support for it has to be miserable.

that big citroen is awesome too.... i think its called the BX over here, or it was when it was built

that 480 tho, probably one of my favourite cars, my mums friend used to have one in black, looked epic. the C30 is supposed to be the reincarnation, but without pop up lights, it isnt

Nah was the CX, the BX is a bit of monstrousity.
800px-Citroen_BX_14_RE_1987.jpg

Like the 480 myself, so far away from the blandness of the 440,460 (having owned 2 440's).

That thing kept them in business . ... Just. People were fed up with the quirkyness, high servicing costs and miserable reliability. BX overcame some of those problems.

People were fed up with the quirkyness, high servicing costs and miserable reliability. BX overcame some of those problems.

Translation: People were fed up with the Frenchness. The BX fixed it by containing less Frenchness.

(I had the misfortune to own a Peugeot 504 - those *were* officially imported to the US, more's the pity..)

Translation: People were fed up with the Frenchness. The BX fixed it by containing less Frenchness.

(I had the misfortune to own a Peugeot 504 - those *were* officially imported to the US, more's the pity..)

The 504 coupe is a lovely car, sure they are crap, but they look marvellous. And they are pretty much the best drivers cars Peugeot ever made (for the brief period in which the cars actually worked), am I correct?

Nah was the CX, the BX is a bit of monstrousity.
800px-Citroen_BX_14_RE_1987.jpg

Like the 480 myself, so far away from the blandness of the 440,460 (having owned 2 440's).

168s80l.jpg

The BX did look a bit better in GTi guise (should be red, though), and it's a lot less bland than the '90s Citro?ns.

I like the 480ES a lot, but am very cautious of them because of their electronics and ability to rust.

Does look better in GTi guise, I rememner in the mid nighties or neighbour had a rather nasty red BX, although he was very helpful when I had go to work he didn't giving me a jump start when it was cold. We did have a Montego at the time so it was not much of a benchmark when ot came to realibility.

Anyone else notice the spots of rust of the 480 Turbo?

Um... Citro?n hasn't been here in the States in 30 years or more. I don't know how that thing got here, but parts support for it has to be miserable.

It was because of the suspension system. The US managed to get the DS and SM minus some features like the directional headlights due to regulations. But when the CX came out, there was a ban on cars with height adjustable suspension for whatever reason. The suspension was the strongest suit of the CX and there would be no reason to sell it here without it. But there must have been gray imports because there were a lot on sale on Ebay once. They were all the less quirky mid to late 80's models though.

Very rare european import ,1988 Citroen CX 22 TRS, 4 cyl 2200 cc, 5 speed, beige

...:lol:

Yep, lots of rare cars in Dallas
If you go to Coit and Campbell area I see 2-3 alfas a week. 1 is a old spider the other 2 are mid 90's
plus in that area I saw a 2cv.
Then their are the exotics every day I see at least 1 Bentley GT an Aston or a Ferrari. Even seen a S7 and an Enzo on the tollway

^I've also seen a 2CV in that area and an Alfa Spider.

Also, in the neighborhood right at coit and campbell, there were 2 of the 1000 1996 Corvette Grand Sports.