There really IS one of everything in Dallas

One of the elusive members of the Dallas Nissan R34 Skyline population:

IMG_3117.jpg

That's an R33.

And that was a typo. :p Yes, it's an R33. Still exceedingly rare; we do also have a number of R32s here as well.

I see more Bentleys than I do non-R32 Skylines, for example.

Last edited:
Not sure about you spec but I see at least 1 Bentley or Aston a day but have only seen 3 GTR ever that wernt current version.

By an amazing coincidence, my parents are moving to Denton. I'm definitely visiting them at some point, and may have to stop by Dallas.

By an amazing coincidence, my parents are moving to Denton. I'm definitely visiting them at some point, and may have to stop by Dallas.

Do they sell spider shift knobs there? :p

Do they sell spider shift knobs there? :p
Oh bugger, that again...that was a silly thing to say on my part :p. I think I'll hold off on that and focus on actually being able to grab the knob. The guy I know with one has a V6, so he can afford to not shift as often.
Smart parents.

Dad has an engineering Ph.D. and mom has an MA in library sciences, so yes. As with most academics, they're following the money, and Texas has it where Florida doesn't. UNT FTW, apparently.

And UNT is one of the smaller and less well funded schools in Texas....

All of these are from the Dream Garage complex in Dallas, where one of my clients is:

Euro spec Mercedes Sprinter, not sold here.
IMG_3189.JPG

The complex itself. Look closely at the right side of the archway.
IMG_3191.JPG

It's a real 1973 Porsche Carrera S 2.7, in race trim and perfect condition. It sounded amazing.
IMG_3196.JPG

Right behind it is this pristine BMW 3.0cs.
IMG_3195.JPG

Inside his garage is this Aston Martin DB6.
IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3200.JPG

IMG_3202.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

Next to the Aston are these two; a Porsche 356...
IMG_3198.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

And this Ferrari 330.
IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

This guy is the cars' owner's son, a really nice guy - he let me wander around and showed me the cars a bit. He seems to respect them, and he's thankful that his father lets him take care of the cars and drive them occasionally.
IMG_3208.JPG

He also had a TR6 that was nearby in the process of being washed, but I don't have any pictures of that.

Last edited:
Time for an update. I present to you quite possibly the worst-by-design car in the Dallas area, a Citro?n Acadiane.

IMG_7488.JPG

IMG_7486.JPG

IMG_7489.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG

Basically, it's a 2CV that the factory sawed the back half off of, then they bolted on a garden shed in its place.

Yes, but the Dyane is just a 2CV with some so-called modernizations and a tiny power boost. It's still really a 2CV.

I'm inclined to agree. Spotted this on a lift back in September of this year. It had 515kms on it and looked like it had at least 100k kms due to very poor storage. Yes, it's what it appears to be and is not one of the US-converted cars.

pcar.jpg

My rarest local sighting to date is an original Shelby King Cobra (yes, the Cooper-Monaco one).
;)

:woot:

Nash Metropolitan Convertible:
vlcsnap-2011-10-19-22h17m41s175.png

1939 Cadillac 39-75 or 39-90 (the main difference is the engine - the 90 mounted a V16, less than 600 examples were built) with coachwork by Fleetwood - the engine gill slit covers are missing but I didn't get a chance to get a closer look at it. If it's still there tomorrow I'll see which engine it has.
IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

A very interesting thread indeed.

I once came out of the pub with my mate Keith we got in to his car which had a slightly sticky lock, he put the key in the ignition and started the car then looked up. He turned the engine off and said we'd better get out of the car. Parked immediately in front of us was another Triumph Herald also in blue, as most were then in Ukania, with his number plate on it. ...

We were in the wrong car.