There really IS one of everything in Dallas

I don't think the C4 ZR1 had that hood window.

Definitely C5, just not sure which. Could be an FRC as well.

There really IS one of everything in Dallas

why would you do this? go back a generation?

I have no idea. I was surprised to find out such a kit existed several years ago.

This was at the local Ferrari dealership.

It's not a 330 P4, but it's actually more rare - the 330 P4 inspired Ferrari-powered Thomassima coupe, which was constructed with the apparent blessings of Old Man Ferrari. Only one ever made.

...the following pictures and original text were taken from 'Ferrari The Sports and Gran Tourismo Cars' by Fitzgerald, Merritt and Thompson'.

' Tom Meade, an American amateur in Modena, built perhaps the most flamboyantly curvaceous of all the custom-bodied Ferraris. His first effort, a rebodied 250 GT berlinetta of fairly modest form, was completed late in 1964 and ruined only a few months afterwards by the disastrous flood which caused so much destruction in Intaly, especially in Florence. His next design was a P4-like rear-engined berlinetta built in 1967 on a modified De Tomaso single-seat chassis with a 250 GT engine. Called the Thomassima, the low, effectively proportioned car was constructed to order for Harry Windsor of California. The Thomassima III ( the second Thomassima was a Chevrolet-powered front-engined coup? ) was an extremely voluptuous gull-winged berlinetta with a front-mounted Ferrari 3-liter V-12 engine. While its forms were exaggerated, it was an interesting combination of P4-inspired elements and the traditional front-engined layout.'

And for the die-cast toy collectors: There's actually a current Hot Wheels 1/64 - model of this car.

More about the Thomassimas: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a6441/ferrari-thomassima/

Last edited:
How about a MiG-17?

Yes, it's real. The guns are missing but the avionics, ejection seat and turbine are all still there.

Last edited:
Hm, thought I'd posted more about the MiG.

The story is that it was bought by the lady when she was touring Europe looking for things to sell in her antiques store. She spotted the MiG in a Norwegian museum and bought it cheap. If it?s out there much longer, the original Polish markings will probably start ?bleeding through? the silver paint and pseudo-Soviet Air Force markings.

Specifically, it?s the oldest surviving example of the Polish version of the MiG-17F, called the Lim-5. Most obvious identification point is that it only had one 23mm cannon supplementing the 37mm cannon instead of two like most versions did.

Unfortunately, the lady that owns it is just going to let it rot there.

You mean "unfortunately complex management won't let me stick it in the parking lot where I live".

You mean "unfortunately complex management won't let me stick it in the parking lot where I live".

Not enough of a clear run to take off or land around my place. :D

If i ever visit the US, i think i should put Spectre on the list of people to visit, you seem to go on these weird car adventures, finding random shops and such with loads of strange cars...

it's like a car safari... :p

If i ever visit the US, i think i should put Spectre on the list of people to visit, you seem to go on these weird car adventures, finding random shops and such with loads of strange cars...

it's like a car safari...
This. If I do manage to drive cross country one day, a visit will definitely be made to the TX FinalGear contingent.

Sometimes the "One Of Everything In Dallas" phenomenon produces things we wish we didn't have. Like the following; this belongs to an auto parts store employee. Pictures are clickable for higher resolution versions.