They Think We're Stupid

Plexface

Rip-off from another forum...
In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On Tesco's - Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) -- 'Do not turn upside down.'

On Sainsbury's peanuts -- 'Warning:contains nuts'

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine -- 'Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication.' (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5 year-olds with head-colds off those bulldozers.)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding -- 'Product will be hot after heating.' (...and you thought????...)

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping. (That's the only time I have to work on my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap -- 'Directions: Use like regular soap.' (and that would be???....)

On some Swanson frozen dinners -- 'Serving suggestion: Defrost.' (but, it's just a suggestion.)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron -- 'Do not iron clothes on body.' (but wouldn't this save me time?)

On Nytol Sleep Aid -- 'Warning: May cause drowsiness.' (..I'm taking this because???....)

On most brands of Christmas lights -- 'For indoor or outdoor use only.' (as opposed to what?)

On a Japanese food processor -- 'Not to be used for the other use.' (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- 'Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts.' (Step 3: say what?)

On a child's Superman costume -- 'Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.' (I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw -- 'Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.' (Oh my God..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

Yeah and almost 100% of those stupid warnings and disclaimers are because of some litigious ass clown suing everyone they could think of, because they were dumb enough to do the above and got hurt doing it.

It's amazing how many things have the warning, "Do not use in the bath."

I know of a whole list of such labels. I even have a book on some stupid ones.

/A "do not eat" label on a shipment of hammers... what the fuck?!

I still stand by my policy, which I ripped off from someone else

I say we rip off all the warning labels off everything, and let the problem sort itself out. :thumbsup:

Under 'problem' I assume you mean the people stupid enough to do those things.

Anyway my absolute favourite:
kruvikeerajad.jpg

I still stand by my policy, which I ripped off from someone else

I say we rip off all the warning labels off everything, and let the problem sort itself out. :thumbsup:

I agree entirely! I owe you some rep, but I have to spread it around first.

Anyway my absolute favourite:
kruvikeerajad.jpg

Oh my god, I forgot about those. I actually used to own a set of those. And it did have that exact label on the back. Used to get such a kick every time I had to fix stuff.
Unfortunately I lost the pack a few years ago. Tool time was never the same since. :(

Label on a hairdrier, in a hotel bathroom..... "Do not use in the shower."

they have to say those things to stop stupid people sueing them.
I remember one time an irish person tried to sue Tayto crisps because he used an empty crisp packet as a condom and his girlfriend got pregnant...
yeah... that are some real stupid people in teh world.

Yeah and almost 100% of those stupid warnings and disclaimers are because of some litigious ass clown suing everyone they could think of, because they were dumb enough to do the above and got hurt doing it.

You know I agree with you but...

On a Swedish chainsaw -- 'Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.' (Oh my God..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

Now who would be mad enough to stop a chainsaw with their nuts? :blink:

I remember one time an irish person tried to sue Tayto crisps because he used an empty crisp packet as a condom and his girlfriend got pregnant...

Dear God, that's ingenious.
And astonishingly ironic.

I don't see how that could have possibly felt good enough to use :blink:

This is due to the Health And Safety obsessed sue-happy-culture we appear to have

I miss Common Sense, anyway thos are very funny, I still love the pot of nuts I brought that said "May Contain Nuts", but they appear to stop doing that now.

Well that bit of writing was clearly written by somebody who needs before mentioned instructions.

Anyway, the "no purchase necessary" is very understandable. You can force anybody to buy your product just to enter your competion.