things to do in Montreal

Personally me and my friends have had awful experiences trying to speak french to locals in Quebec... The moment a Quebeccer notices a hint of weakness in your french they will switch to perfect english, It's basically their way of saying "I'm far more bilingual then you, so don't even try".

Edit: Also, after looking at my user cp, I'll apologize to Danny Tran if I insulted your city. I've just had some really bad experiences there and who doesn't love a good internet vent?:)

Actually, it is seen as a gesture of politeness rather than "I'm far more bilingual then you, so don't even try". This happens all the time with locals (francophones with anglo and vice versa) though Montreal anglophones who never bother to try to learn basic french are frowned upon.

Actually, it is seen as a gesture of politeness rather than "I'm far more bilingual then you, so don't even try". This happens all the time with locals (francophones with anglo and vice versa) though Montreal anglophones who never bother to try to learn basic french are frowned upon.

Trust me man, there was nothing polite about it. At all.

/End convo

Back. Tired. Sick. Too much alcohol. Found pot and cocaine in our hotel room. Tried to stop a thief. Almost got shot by thief. Lifted Hummer on mud tires makes quite a scene everywhere it goes. What happens on spring break, stays on spring break. Had a great time though.

Back. Tired. Sick. Too much alcohol. Found pot and cocaine in our hotel room. Tried to stop a thief. Almost got shot by thief. Lifted Hummer on mud tires makes quite a scene everywhere it goes. What happens on spring break, stays on spring break. Had a great time though.

Wow! I have been living here for 9 years and have not experienced most of this :lol: