Think of going on the Ring? Bring your balls. M3 takes out Mini, rolls, burns

D

D-Fence

bmw-m3-crashed-on-nuw.jpg

bmw-m3-crashed-on-nu-1w.jpg

bmw-m3-crashed-on-nu-2w.jpg

To most auto enthusiasts, the Nurburgring?s Nordschleife track is known as the Green Hell. Why you may be asking, because even if the stretch of pavement is only 21 kilometers long, the number of accidents that take place at the ?Ring are beyond your imagination, it is said that everyday the track is open for public use that at least one sports car owner walks away with a heap of scrap metal.

The latest victim of the Nordschleife is a BMW M3, and from the looks of things, the German sports coupe is a total loss. Believe it or not the M3 was being driven by an experienced pilot, but even for a knowledgeable Ringmeister negotiating all 100 corners of the Green Hell can be a bit tricky. The other problem with high speed lapping sessions around the Nurburgring is that you have lots of traffic to contend with. As a result, the M3 driver entered into a blind curve where he hit a Mini Cooper that was keeping a slower pace and ended both racing enthusiasts day. After the impact the BMW M3 caught fire and as you can see it is completely destroyed, not to mention that the Mini didn?t fare to well either.

Nope, walked away with bruises.

It was in the "Tiergarten" during a Trackday, here is a Video of a Manta almost slamming full speed into the crash scene because noone flagged him.....

http://en.sevenload.com/videos/8rdXkRY-Trackday-22-10-09-keine-Flagge

Manta driver says he still had ~120km/h when he passed the first standing car.

The Mini driver claimed to have gone 160km/h, the M3 driver ~250km/h when they touched and started spinning..

^ I wanted to make that comment. :(

@ camelfarmer: Seriously?

I read the Mini hit the grass, spun on the ideal line, the M3 swerved at full speed, touched it, spun, rolled etc. the engine was ~200m from the car, they just put it in for towing

I'm really glad they both went through it without major injuries.

The Ring needs a better warning system with so many people with different cars and skill sets blind corners are a nightmare.

@camelfarmer,
Dude are you an idiot? It's not like this is two retarded teenagers in cars that are way too fast for them fucking around on a public road. This is a race track and while accidents are bound to occur its a good thing when no one is injured.

Amazing. Makes me want to put a rollcage in all my cars. "Yeah, I just crashed, rolled and burned going 130mph ... no big deal."

D-Fence said:
the engine was ~200m from the car, they just put it in for towing
I wonder if it's still any good? Sure will be easy to pull now. :p

Ouch. A very nasty accident at first sight, but at least both drivers (and passengers?) walked away. This incident reminds us all how dangerous it is to have so many vehicles with so different power on the Ring at the same time.
What freaked me out was the on-board video of the car coming to the scene and nearly crashing into the traffic jam, because although I'm not nearly as fast when I go round, that's what could be happening to me too. Either being too fast to break in time at a crash scene (I'm not worried about being dangerously faster than anyone else who's actually driving), or being rear-ended by someone when I am at a standstill because of an accident in front of me. The Nordschleife needs more warning posts. And I'm suddenly glad that at tourist drives the D?ttinger H?he is discontinued at the entrance/exit.

Edit: err... wait, did you say the Mini spun and the M3 hit it because of that? D-Fence?

Last edited:
Oh thank the Heavens that no one got injured. I do believe these trackday people should arrange their festivities in a manner so that no one, and I mean NO ONE would get hurt. What sort of community would we be living in, when we would let innocent people drive their hard earned sports cars on a closed track ..

.. what the fuck guys.

Story needs more severe injuries.

This +1. :lol:

Oh thank the Heavens that no one got injured. I do believe these trackday people should arrange their festivities in a manner so that no one, and I mean NO ONE would get hurt. What sort of community would we be living in, when we would let innocent people drive their hard earned sports cars on a closed track ..

.. what the fuck guys.

This +1. :lol:

WTF? We are not talking about setting up track days so that its impossible to get hurt; we're talking about having some sort of system that would warn drivers if there is an accident so the don't slam into stationary cars at high speed. Wtf is wrong with you people

I love it that my comment upset everyone.

Actually, you're being called on your stupidity.

It's clear you haven't thought about this too much. Let's put it like this: Do you want the Nurburgring to go away? Because it will if people keep losing their lives while driving on it ... at some point, the Government is going to step in and say "no more".

But hey, maybe that's you actually want... maybe you don't want people to have fun places to drive. <_<

Actually, you're being called on your stupidity.

It's clear you haven't thought about this too much. Let's put it like this: Do you want the Nurburgring to go away? Because it will if people keep losing their lives while driving on it ... at some point, the Government is going to step in and say "no more".

But hey, maybe that's you actually want... maybe you don't want people to have fun places to drive. <_<

Dude I wasn't being serious. I don't actually want people to get hurt. I just think it's funny that people get so upset about comments people make on the Internet.