Think of going on the Ring? Bring your balls. M3 takes out Mini, rolls, burns

That's hardly an accurate way of measuring things.
Why not? It starts the timer when you set off and stops it when you come to a full stop using the accelerometer.

Nordschleife is ~13.000 Euros a day. Without ANY safety personnel. You need marshalls, ambulances in standby...

Best way to time your lap is a) a passenger b) the Application "Harrys Lap Timer" for the Iphone that GPS-based starts a BTG measurement

Why not? It starts the timer when you set off and stops it when you come to a full stop using the accelerometer.
Because start to stop is not the time you want to measure on a track (and also not on the Nordschleife).

Besides, even the most hamfisted 911 driver will be quicker than, like, me.
You have obviously never witnessed just how hamfisted some of them are, or you are a really really horrible driver.;)

understandable, but my point would be to rule out the whole running stopwatch thing. Do it like karting, you do a few laps and get a printout in the end to brag to your friends with. The whole point is that you have no idea what your times are while you're doing them, to keep your focus.
You?re missing the point. The idea behind the tourist sessions is that ordinary people get a chance to do a scenic drive around a legendary racetrack. No laptiming is allowed. None whatsoever. The only reason people are able to brag about their btg times is because it?s impossible to control. This is how they manage to declare it a tollroad, and this is why your insurance has to pay if you destroy your car.

You can?t compare it to a rental-kart track. It?s very hard to have a serious accident in one of those, and they still make you wear a helmet (unlike the ring). They can also see how you?re driving, and if you?re being an idiot they?ll usually kick you out.

Last edited:
Don't remind me of Karting, I had a serious accident with a Kart once :/
Kart i was tailing lost some fluid, which hit me and caused my feet to slip from the pedal (only this little bent metal rod type of pedal), resulting in me slamming sideways into the guardrail at the end of the straight :/. My back hurt for a month :(

Speaking BTG times......look who has them in his sig and what state his car is in ;)

Don't remind me of Karting, I had a serious accident with a Kart once :/
Kart i was tailing lost some fluid, which hit me and caused my feet to slip from the pedal (only this little bent metal rod type of pedal), resulting in me slamming sideways into the guardrail at the end of the straight :/. My back hurt for a month :(
Hey I?m not saying you can?t get hurt, but it?s pretty hard to kill yourself in one of those things...

Speaking BTG times......look who has them in his sig and what state his car is in ;)
What, Ice? The only time I ever witnessed his driving was as a passenger on what I think was his very first ring lap. He seemed to have it together quite well, and didn?t take any unnecessary risks. I don?t know why he (apparently) keeps crashing...

Hey I?m not saying you can?t get hurt, but it?s pretty hard to kill yourself in one of those things...

What, Ice? The only time I ever witnessed his driving was as a passenger on what I think was his very first ring lap. He seemed to have it together quite well, and didn?t take any unnecessary risks. I don?t know why he (apparently) keeps crashing...

it is entirely possible to kill yourself while karting. I've lost a rear wheel at around 80 kph just at the braking zone... Massive runoff area (and also, driver skill :mrgreen: )kept me from slamming into the wall...

I've also noticed there's only 1 person on here who has his Ring time in the sig.... lmao

it is entirely possible to kill yourself while karting. I've lost a rear wheel at around 80 kph just at the braking zone... Massive runoff area (and also, driver skill :mrgreen: )kept me from slamming into the wall...
Hey, I never said it?s impossible...
If you try hard enough and you?re lucky enough to be at a track with badly maintained karts, you can probably pull it off...

I've also noticed there's only 1 person on here who has his Ring time in the sig.... lmao
There?s still enough people bragging about their times all over the internet. The only reason I haven?t put one in there in large, friendly, red letters is that I don?t feel it?s worth bragging about yet.

But who knows, the magic barrier isn?t too far away anymore, and if I can throw something out there that starts with an 8, I might be inclined to join the my-dick-is-so-much-bigger-than-yours contest. :mrgreen:

A German driver was killed just a few months ago in a KF2 race.

well yes, but we?re talking about the shitty karts here, the kind that people like me who only go karting once a year get to drive... ;)