thinking about a G35 coupe

Andrew911tt

Car(s)
2008 MazdaSpeed3 GT
I am thinking about getting a 03-04 Infiniti G35 coupe for around $16,000.
What do people think about the car or other cars for that price?

Get the real Nissan. The 350Z.

The Infinity is just a Z with a bland body and some toys you don't really need.

Hell, why don't you just get a Boxster for 12 grand? It's a better car and probably more reliable.

Well, this really all depends on why you're looking at the G35.

Get the real Nissan. The 350Z.

The Infinity is just a Z with a bland body and some toys you don't really need.

Hell, why don't you just get a Boxster for 12 grand? It's a better car and probably more reliable.

A Porsche Boxster more reliable than a Nissan FM-car? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.... No. Just no. Any of the FM's are cheaper to run than the Boxster and parts are cheaper too.

The thing about the G35C is that it's a Z with back seats. The Z33 is a straight up two seater and it has this big chassis/tower brace in the back where the rear seats would go. The G35C is the same basic idea except it has rear seats and a lower insurance rate. The G35C was also available with an AWD option, but good luck finding one of those. The G35C also has a nicer interior and arguably a better audio system.

It's a good car, if you are looking for straight up performance the 350Z is better, if you want a comfortable cruiser that is still faster than quite a few things on the road go for the G35.

For 20k I would get...

C5 Corvette/Corvette Z06 (with higher miles)
Mazda RX7 (92-95 model)
Mustang Cobra (2003/2004)
BMW M5 (V8 model)
Mercedes Benz CLK55 AMG
Jaguar XKR

I've seen all of those cars (in good condition) here in Texas for under $20,000

The G35 comes with tampons. No seriously it does.

Last edited:
Either that or a pink hat and matching shirt plus automatic entry into a frat. :D

With a stipulation in the owners manual that you must drive with the windows down, in first gear (no matter what speed) and with your hat's visor turned sideways. And you have to have a 'buddy' in the car that looks exactly the same as you.

For 20k I would get...

C5 Corvette/Corvette Z06 (with higher miles)
Mazda RX7 (92-95 model)
Mustang Cobra (2003/2004)
BMW M5 (V8 model)
Mercedes Benz CLK55 AMG
Jaguar XKR

I've seen all of those cars (in good condition) here in Texas for under $20,000

The G35 comes with tampons. No seriously it does.

Listen to this man.

Also, I think E46 M3s are within your price range now. As mentioned above though, it really depends on what you're looking for.

And you forgot to mention that if you drive a g35 you're required by law to tailgate whenver possible (ie. always), and to never tailgate more than 5 feet behind anyone/everyone's bumper.

I definitely need back seats so no Boxster, 350Z, or Corvette.

No matter what, I don't want a mustang

I want a car that shows that I am a young successful professional.

Last edited:
Is looking successful really important to your profession?

If not, get something you like and worry about sending out the right profession about your status.

I can speak from experience people are usually boggled by my car selection :p

EDIT: I totally f*ucked up that second sentence. Not sure what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
I definitely need back seats so no Boxster, 350Z, or Corvette.

No matter what, I don't want a mustang

I want a car that shows that I am a young successful professional.

To me, a G35 just gives the impression that your parents bought your car. Anytime I see a young person in a G35 (about 85% of their owners it seems) they just look like complete idiots, as me and airmenair have stated.

If you want to look like a yuppy (young urban individual, seemingly what you describe) go for the G35. If you want to look like you actually put thought into your car buying decision, get something like what I described, or as I've mentioned in countless other threads, the GTO. Most underrated car of this century.

Also, I dare you to drive a 2003 Mustang Cobra, then tell me you don't want one.

GTO is a good option, or buy a E36 M3 and put some work into it and hit the track. But then hitting the track dictates my general philosophy about everything.

I personally think a G35C is a good option and personally have never gotten the same vibe as many of the other members. It does what you want, looks decent, is slightly sporting, should be reliable, and has a somewhat prestigious feel. But I would ignore the prestigious bit and go buy something you really want.

Edit: another option, that with some hunting, could be had for under 20K is a MKIV R32. Back seats, very fast, and not grossly unreliable. Though unless your coworkers are car guys it isn't very prestigious.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think its an ALLUSION of prestige since its essentially a Nissan with a different logo and nicer seats (obviously literally more than that) I feel the exact same about Acura and Lexus, just re-branded economy cars (for the most part) with a bit of kitting up.

For me its not about prestige or anything.

I think its a great looking car that would be great fun to drive and isn't a honda civic or some other cheap economy car that a 23 year would be driving just because.