Thinking of getting 13" MBP

The one million stickers isn't helping it. :p

:lol: I know. They're coming off soon. I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it properly to avoid leaving residue.

I see no nubble joystick.
How's the touchpad on that? :lol:

Awesome actually. A million times better than the POS on my ASUS.

Awesome actually. A million times better than the POS on my ASUS.

Awesome. If apple pisses me off I might try out a vaio. Honestly if they have the same sort of durability as the dell desktops we have it would be pretty damn good. *looks at site* maybe a shiny blue one.....

Oh its a nice looking machine no doubt but I've seen the two next to each other before, there is just something about the MBP that makes it look better in my eyes. I think it might be the fact that its metal, always did like metal :)

I wish more laptops were offered in metal, so much harder to destroy. :(

Awesome. If apple pisses me off I might try out a vaio. Honestly if they have the same sort of durability as the dell desktops we have it would be pretty damn good. *looks at site* maybe a shiny blue one.....

I wish more laptops were offered in metal, so much harder to destroy. :(

Most desktops are pretty durable, that's the problem. Sony can be hit or miss for hardware, but when they hit, they hit hard. They're expensive but then, so is Apple.

I'll have to see how long viper's lasts. Drop it on the floor a few times and see what happens! :D

^ Viper's model drop tested.

It has a spill resistant keyboard too! :D
That is awesome

^ Viper's model drop tested.

Haha, that is so a old school hard drive. On mine, between the time you press the power button to the time you're at the desktop is literally 30 seconds. Twice as fast. :p

Haha, that is so a old school hard drive. On mine, between the time you press the power button to the time you're at the desktop is literally 30 seconds. Twice as fast. :p

That was a Z11 which had a hdd option , I don't think the current Z (Z13) has hdd as an option anymore.

Just curious, how do you plan to do that specifically?

I have heard many people use WD-40 and some people nail polish remover (acetone) and sometimes isopropyl alcohol. Try on a tiny dot first, sometimes it damages the matt finish, if surface below sticker is plastic then acetone may cause discolouration.

That was a Z11 which had a hdd option , I don't think the current Z (Z13) has hdd as an option anymore.

Correct. I could only chose from various sizes for a SSD RAID 0 configuration.

I really hate the thinkpad designs, first, why are they still square? Nothing is formatted for square screens anymore, what if I want to watch a movie on it? Then the touch pads are so stupid. I just googled to find out why there are so many damn buttons on the thing as I tried a floor model and couldn't get them to work, and all I could find was "thinkpad touchpad problems" and "how to disable touchpad on thinkbook" so I will just say they do not have a touchpad if all the top google searches are about it not working or how to turn it off because it sucks. If I buy a LAPTOP I expect it to work in my lap, if it doesn't I will buy a cheaper better desktop.

They aren't square, they are widescreen. If you can't figure out the touch pad on a thinkpad then I don't think you should be operating a computer at all, since it operates the same as every other god dam laptop in the world.

They aren't square, they are widescreen. If you can't figure out the touch pad on a thinkpad then I don't think you should be operating a computer at all, since it operates the same as every other god dam laptop in the world.

Thinkpad.jpg

This is totally not square at all.

And no, it's not the same as every damn laptop in the world because it has extra dumb buttons for the joystick nub thing, and silly me I thought when trying it out that the buttons attached to the touchpad worked with the touchpad not the button in the middle of the keyboard.

I can google old laptops as well to prove that all laptops are square. All the touchpad buttons work for me, right click is right click whether it is the top or the bottom and same for the left click. You're being intentionally thick.

Well The one in the store looked square, maybe it was an illusion from the design and the size of it, or I just expected it because they haven't changed anything else and I wasn't looking carefully, I don't know. Maybe they put an older one up on display for some reason, but since I mentioned it awhile ago now and people who own them didn't correct me I assumed it was true. Either way I still don't like the stupid joystick. If you do fine but I don't think I would ever grow to find it better than a touch pad.

Which I'm guessing is the cheapest version?
Actually, the X200 (and it's sucessor, the X201) is Lenovo's top-of-the-line subnotebook, one of the few machines out there that combine a netbook-like form factor with the a real laptop's computing power. That's why there's not touchpad, too: They decided to use the space to make the keyboard a bit bigger.

Well The one in the store looked square, maybe it was an illusion from the design and the size of it, or I just expected it because they haven't changed anything else and I wasn't looking carefully, I don't know. [...] Either way I still don't like the stupid joystick. If you do fine but I don't think I would ever grow to find it better than a touch pad.

I said like a page ago that all current ThinkPads are widescreen, which you chose to ignore.
On top of that, except on the supersmall X-series laptops you don't have to use the clitoral pointing device at all, so i just don't see the big deal.

You don't like ThinkPads, which is fine with me. Their stone-age design and aura of rugged reliability and old-school h4x0r is not for everyone. Someone already mentioned the IBM Model M, this is similar.
But don't bust into every laptop buying advice thread and spout out false information about them not being widescreen and the touchpad being "stupid" when clearly you are maliciously uninformed on both fronts.

Last edited:
The x201 has an option for a touchpad as well, which I chose to get.

Didn't know this, but it's valuable information as another friend of mine who does not like the clitoral device is in the market for a 12" i7 notebook.

But don't bust into every laptop buying advice thread and spout out false information about them not being widescreen and the touchpad being "stupid" when clearly you are maliciously uninformed on both fronts.
You're right, I'm sorry. I'm probably overdoing it. :|