Thinking of visiting Toronto in June

BTM5

Hi all!

Im going to visit a friend in NY in june, and i had the idea of going to visit Toronto after for a weekend.

I visited Toronto 2 years ago with my friend, we both loved it there, everyone we met we're very nice and helpful. However we made the mistake of booking a hotel far far far away from downtown Toronto.

But anyway. I was wondering if any Toronto native would like to meet up.

My friend and I failed miserably last time and did NOT get poutine!

If anyone would like to meet up just let me know :)

You might want to visit Montreal instead. Poutine is a meal from Quebec, Toronto might have some passable ones, but that's not the best place for it.

Plus Montreal as a very different vibe than Toronto, would make for a different experience.

If you want to book a hotel closer, Mississauga isn't too far away. Check there.

However we made the mistake of booking a hotel far far far away from downtown Toronto.

Do you remember where exactly?

I think it was called Travelodge or something, it was in Richmond hills i think ...

It was a nice hotel/motel or whatever it was, but WAY too far away

I want to stick to Toronto cause of ticket prices back home, and i cant really travel alot. On a bit of a budget.

A return bus from New York to Montreal is pretty cheap, I did it a month or two back for about 150 Canadian, and that was ottawa-Montreal-ny. Doing it overnight isn't pleasant but saves time. I would also suggest Montreal over Toronto, especially if you've been to Toronto before.

If you really want to go to Toronto I can't help much with hotels, we stayed in a hi hostel a few months back that was ok and a short walk to downtown. Mississauga is not near downtown, that's for sure.

You might want to visit Montreal instead. Poutine is a meal from Quebec, Toronto might have some passable ones, but that's not the best place for it.

Plus Montreal as a very different vibe than Toronto, would make for a different experience.
He's right. Montreal has a vibe. Toronto's just some city.

But but, trolleys!

I think it was called Travelodge or something, it was in Richmond hills i think ...

It was a nice hotel/motel or whatever it was, but WAY too far away

I want to stick to Toronto cause of ticket prices back home, and i cant really travel alot. On a bit of a budget.

Yeah that's pretty far (about 35-40 mins drive from downtown). Since the airport is in Mississauga you might find a cheaper hotel somewhere along the way so Etobicoke maybe? I was in DT the other day and I saw a sign for a motel that said $65 and up (it's probably a POS though :p).