This guy wants to chop down the roof of a WRX...

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
It doesn't look awful either, but why go through the trouble.
Also I don't know, but wouldn't losing the hood scoop be a bit of a performance issue?
And the wing for that matter reduces lift I believe.

The intercooler was moved to the front in the pic so the scoop wouldnt be needed. I honestly dont see enough of a difference to justify the cost involved in chopping the top.

There are certain items that make a car special in a sea of other cars. The Subaru hood scoop and rear wing IMO make the STi distinctive and give it its character. Sure removing them wont effect how the car drives... in fact a bigger IC in the front might actually increase performance but somehow the car just looses something. Kind of like moving the engine of the 911 in front of the rear axel or covering the 360's engine view through the rear window with a sheet of carbon fiber.

I like it and without the huge scoop it looks way better. The rear however isn't that great looking IMO maybe a small spoiler could helfp fix that.

it ruins the proportions of the car :(

The car looks very good, but it ruins the STi image. If that were a new production car by some company, we'd love it. At least, I would. The only thing I don't like is the gold rims - gunmetal would look way better, or polished aluminum. But that's just my taste. I don't think it's worth it either, but if he feels like spending the money, hey, go ahead.

it looks better than the original :p

Hello All

I'm the mastermind behind that monstrosity. :twisted:
The chances that the STi I buy will have it's roof chopped are <5%. Those photoshops were just a styling exercise just as car companies make drawings of hundreds of varying designs.
I'm currently looking for an '04 Java Black Pearl STi for less than $25k used. It will be left mostly stock for a while. :D

PBB

Less than $25k? Good luck - they're $35k new. :|

And those black ones look soooooooo good! :D

2004.06.18_tiny.png

USED USED USED!! :D :D :D :D

Nice wallpaper, where'd you get it? ;)

*Edit*
My old sig preserved for posterity's sake:

Today we salute you, Mr. Non-racing Homo. While most people are out actually trying to get a race, you wander around the lot...cock blocking everyone's action. Sure, in your own fantasy world, you're a notorious hustler. But why bother getting down when you can just talk fear into everyone...even though your shit dead crawls. So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, parking lot socialite, your cover wasnt blown tonite. And as you slip away in your ride...remember, we thank you Mr. Non-racing Homo.

SiR_dude said:
Nice sig......uh......what's it supposed to mean?? :|
Street racing...
Non-racing homos are people who have fast mouths and slow cars and always seem to disappear/"break down" when good races for big money come their way. :evil:

PowerByBrower said:
SiR_dude said:
Nice sig......uh......what's it supposed to mean?? :|
Street racing...
Non-racing homos are people who have fast mouths and slow cars and always seem to disappear/"break down" when good races for big money come their way. :evil:

I see....are you into racing, i.e. autocross or something?

Yeah, I'm into 'em but I have no life right now, so I haven't had to time to actually auto-x. I'm quitting my current job and buying an STi then I'll be into Auto-Xing and road racing. :wink: :)

And a PhD to figure that my sig? You must not know about the Bud Light commercials. :lol:

Nope, I rarely watch TV these days.

Most of the TV shows I want to watch are available on the net, which means here :lol: .