This is the second notice that your factory warranty has expired!

Paco

Car(s)
MKV VW R32
Anybody else tired of getting these calls ten times a day? I guess that if your number is on the do not call list you're fine, but none of the numbers here at work are on the list, so our phones have been ringing constantly with this crap.

Well, I dicked around with the douche on the line for half an hour (after getting transferred a few times) and got them to give me their website:

http://autowps.com/

Their whois info is a little strange...

Searching by IP gives a little better info...

I also got him to drop his price from $2500 to $2000, although he wouldn't accept my offer of nine thousand rupels...

Anybody here in with the 4chan/anon peoples? I'd love to flood these guys with black fax pages, tie up their phones, or some kind of epic internet retaliation. Maybe this can be their next project now that they're done spamming Time's surveys.

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Just got one of these damned calls on my cell while driving, nearly crashed my car because I dropped my phone and scrambled to get it because I thought it was important.

:censored:

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
My sister gets a letter like every month and I've been dieing to exact revenge for her.

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
Can you believe the warranty on my Miata lasted 18 years and nearly 150,000 miles. Nice of them to call and warn me of it expiring.

hemoh

Car(s)
Saturn SL2
I always miss out on the damn things.

My dad is fond of picking up the phone, muting the TV and not saying anything while the person on the other end keeps saying hello. The one exception was where he reamed out a caller from a cancer charity. That was only after they made a douchebaggy remark to my mother that she didn't care about her sister (who passed from pancreatic cancer a few weeks before the phone call occured) because she wouldn't make a donation to the charity.

Rokovak

Car(s)
2016 Cadillac ATS
I've been getting that damned "reminder" alot lately too. I got this sneaking suspicion that this company amassed a huge collection of cell numbers by less-than-ethical means, either directly or indirectly.

nouseferaname90

I led them on for like 5 or 10 minutes once. Then I said that I totaled the car they are talking about (always one that I don't have/never had), and bought a new one.

did that once, never got a call again.

ChelsDS

xD
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I don't have my number posted any where on the internet and I put it on the do not call registry. I've gotten.. probably less than 10 calls like that since they've started this bullshit.

lotor

Car(s)
Infiniti G35 Coupe
After getting dozens of the automated calls, i waited till i got a live person and told them to remove me from their calling list. Haven't gotten a call since... knock on wood.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
I've been getting that damned "reminder" alot lately too. I got this sneaking suspicion that this company amassed a huge collection of cell numbers by less-than-ethical means, either directly or indirectly.

They use autodialers. Verizon recently won a suit against them, so verizon customers should see the calls basically stop.

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
I've been getting the calls about 10 times a day on the work phone (that can't be put on the do-not-call register). I answer the phone, get a message saying no customer service officers are available and it terminates. It's effing annoying!

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Odd, never even heard of this.

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
In soviet canada.... uhh.... yeah, we don't have this AFAIK. I did get some bullshit debt collection agency calling me on my cellphone every day asking for Jeff something. Auto dialer with a robot voice telling you to call another number, yeah that sounds real legit. Didn't stop until I googled the number and some ohter people who got the calls suggested contacting all the email addresses on their site telling them to stop calling - took a week but I haven't gotten a single call from them since. Phone scams are teh ghey.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Just got another call from them today. 909-842-9188. I pressed 1 and they immediately hung up. I called them back and pressed 1 to take my number off their shitty list, and we'll see if they call back or not. I hope those people get cancer.

If you call back and let the automated voice talk, then they automatically hang up after 13 seconds. Fun fact.

Top Geek

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 240SX
All the time.

"Your factory warranty has expired...", "You're paying too much interest on your credit cards...", "*HONK* this is your captain speaking, you've won a discount cruise", and so on and so forth.

I usually just go *click* *click* whenever I see 1-800 or "Unavailable" on my call display, otherwise I'll say "screw off", hope they're recording it and hang up.

Funny story about these types of calls... someone I know who is ... let's say "high up in town administration" ... got that "*HONK* this is your captain speaking, you've won a discount cruise, blah, blah, blah" calls and actually accepted it. It was no scam, but it was no dream cruise boat either. It ended up being some rickety half-century old cruiseliner :lol:

Another story is... I got a call from one of those credit card interest-lowering services, but it was an actual human this time.

Some guy in India (no doubt): "Hello, we would like to offer you a lower interest rate on your credit card"
Me: "Sorry, I'm not interested"
Him: "You don't ever have an outstanding balance on your credit card?"
Me: "Nope"
Him: "Oh, um... bye"

:p

Last edited:

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
I worked at a grocery store, and they would call there...wtf

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
Fun fact: domestic call centers are chocked full of immigrants. Philipinos and Indians flock to call centres for easy work that requires no qualifications and pays more than retail/food. Don't assume that Vijay's in India just because he is Indian.

And for Canadafags, get on the national do not call registry, it actually works. I don't remember the last time I got the "*boat horn* THIS IS THE CAPTAIN!
Gee.gif
" or "Hi this is Kelly, did you know that you're paying too much for your credit cards?" et cetera.