This site goes sloooooow pretty often

static

I have been trying to send a PM message to hokiethang all day but it always gets jammed and after lots of waiting gives "Cannot find server" - error.
Problem is I don't know if the message got delivered or not and he's gonna kick my ass if theres 20 same messages in his inbox.

I've got the same problem occasinaly when posting a normal message to forum. A long wait after hitting the "submit" button and then it throws me "Cannot find server". Sometimes the post goes through and sometimes not.

And browsing through the forum is very slow time to time.

Just wish to know is the problem in my end or in yours? I've got no problem with other boards I use.

Nah, there are problems with the server.
As for PM's, you can check the outbox and sentbox, the message will be there if it was sent.
If you accidently post twice (or more than that), you can delete the message.
You can do the same with a forum message (provided nobody posted after yours yet).

Yeah it gets really annoying...but I think Pulse is working on it. :)

(I hope this message gets through before the heartattack)

Btw, I think Viper could make a little mod and disable "Submit" button when it's pressed once. It would solve multiple-posts problem at least.

^ Well sometimes you really don't know if it got through or not.
I think it's better to allow the double post (since you can delete that anyway), rather than having to retype a lengthy post.

pulse and company are collecting funds on their site as they are working on getting a new box. ;)

Thanks all for the info ! I sometimes have slooooooow episodes here as well.

I'll be patient and hope for no heart attacks as well. :)

It's my connection, not my computer. This was/is the only website affected. I'm losing packets to his server when running a tracert.

I sometimes get a fairly slow connection for 5-10min, then it's fine again. keep in mind that they're changing the whole site's server, or something because it's getting a bit slow sometimes. when the new box is up and running, it will b better, i think. :roll:

No new box as yet. Currently the website is running on one server (the old busy one) and the database runs on another server (which was meant to be gone by now), which is why there's an infinite performance improvement.

The "another" server will be replaced by a NEW server sometime in the very near future (ideally before the 10th of next month), just a few things holding it up at the moment.