• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

this struck me as odd... No BBC input on the TOP forum...

DrFoster

Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
39
Location
Denver, Colorado
I've been looking around at various "fan" forums of different shows, and I noticed that every show had at least one of the hosts and some staff posting up too.

Seeing that this was the prominent place for FG/TG shows and discussion, it struck me as odd that there was no BBC input.

I'm sure that combining some parts of the website may not make producers happy, but Tiff worked for TG before FG... natural transition in my book.

Ahhh - I'm rambling. I'm just wondering why the BBC isn't interested in maintaining some fun feeders to the public on the most busy of forums for their shows?

If it's a problem with the "downloading" of shows, I examined a little into the copyright rules, and (in the US at least) from what I interpret, if we can't receive the show after many means are exhausted to get it, a "friend" can make that show available to us through electronic media like a tivo disc, peer-to-peer, or some other "direct" sharing.

I personally, can't get these shows here. I've tried satellite, cable, nothing. I am a Wolverhampton Alumni (BS and MA there) and I've been to two TG shows in season two and three in the crowd... (I'll get to the point) Once you see the show, you're hooked on the bright witty humor and fantastic reviews. That sucked for me, because I moved to Colorado and I can't get shiz. I was left without.

So anyhow, the BBC should post up on a fan site, IMO - it helps capture the crowd.

And - I THINK that if we can't receive the show in the US, we're not really in trouble for sharing it with a buddy who can get it.


Usually, there's no point to my threads, and yet again, I've accomplished that. Good to keep with the high standard, Doc!
 
I should ammend that... I should say that there is VERY LITTLE to NONE in the amount of input.
 
Actually there are some from Top Gear here, both the show and magazine ;)
 
^ Yup, he is a web-thingy there, does the calenders and stuff
 
I think they might be afraid of coming here... rightly so, imagine a pack of hungry wolves being tossed a bone :D
 
DrFoster said:
I've been looking around at various "fan" forums of different shows, and I noticed that every show had at least one of the hosts and some staff posting up too.

I think if someone was to post on here claiming to be one of the presenters, no one would believe them as people tend to do that sort of thing as a joke. And also the presenters are probably too busy to be searching for sites like this on the internet. (Unless they were drunk and bored :D )
 
Why would they. If someone involved with the production of the show made any post on a fan forum like this they'd be swamped with stupid questions, requests and rampant fanboyism. They don't want that and i don't want to see it :)

If i personally were a host and wanted to interact on internerd boards i'd be making a fake alias. Que theories about who we may have among us.
 
GraemeH said:
Why would they. If someone involved with the production of the show made any post on a fan forum like this they'd be swamped with stupid questions, requests and rampant fanboyism. They don't want that and i don't want to see it :)

If i personally were a host and wanted to interact on internerd boards i'd be making a fake alias. Que theories about who we may have among us.

I point the finger at SL65AMG!!!LOL!!!ROLF!!!1 as being Richard Hammond in disguise.

I can hear Richard saying "lol" at loud :/
 
"had"
 
mgkdk said:
^ Yup, he is a web-thingy there, does the calenders and stuff

web-thingy.....haha.....guess I could be called that too then :lol:

Jimi Hendrix said:
DrFoster said:

I don?t know if she is still here.

Yeah, she was a funny one, that Top Gear Girl. "Don't bother trying to hit me up unless you have an M5" or something like that.........pahleazeeeee :roll:
 
jeffy777 said:
Yeah, she was a funny one, that Top Gear Girl. "Don't bother trying to hit me up unless you have an M5" or something like that.........pahleazeeeee :roll:

I have 7. might be a lie :p
 
teeb said:
jeffy777 said:
Yeah, she was a funny one, that Top Gear Girl. "Don't bother trying to hit me up unless you have an M5" or something like that.........pahleazeeeee :roll:

I have 7. might be a lie :p

ok sure



.........didn't see your disclamer util I hit quote, lol ;)
 
I work on the mag. :roll:

You probably don't realise it but the mag, TV show and website work very closely together (much more so than any other show or genre). Whilst individual comments from forums like this one (and I have to say the Final Gear is probably the most important one) don't get passed on to the producers, we do give them a general idea of the hot topics at any given moment.

For example, if you look on www.topgear.com you'll see a rebuttal of the stories in the press about the show's home. That partly came about as a result of the furore in the media generally (including sites like this one).
 
Top