Those Jetta commercials are absolutely creeping me out.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
I don't know about you people outside of the States, but those commercials of the new Volkswagen Jetta are scary. Most of them just have random people talking then all of a sudden a car crashes into them out of nowhere.

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
All I gotta say is that VW has a very creative marketing department. They are the ones that push the envelope.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '11 Multistrada, Yamaha R6
The marketing is nothing if not effective, I just wonder how people who have been seiously injured in car crashes or suffering PTSD from a wreck will respond to these. I would hate for these ads to trigger a flashback or cause someone to decompensate.

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Shit, they're good ads!

Certainly shows how safe the car is.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Well, not really as they are fake crashes (there would be a lot more damage), but still...

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
What kind of wheels are on those Jettas?

jayjaya29

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW M3
watto said:
Shit, they're good ads!

Got that right.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
watto said:
Shit, they're good ads!

They probably are safe cars, but what about the people who have been in an accident recently? It is kind of traumatizing to see a simulation of what is probably a similar accident.

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
zeoniks said:
watto said:
Shit, they're good ads!

They probably are safe cars, but what about the people who have been in an accident recently? It is kind of traumatizing to see a simulation of what is probably a similar accident.

Tough it out I say. The ads have been allowed on TV so they're obviously not thought to be offensive or traumatising. VW North America really has some good ads, they're gonna keep doing them I guess so just appreciate how good they are compared to other car company ads.

POWERRR!!

i also thought this ad was kinda odd/scary. honda is another car company who i think has got some pretty creative tv ads under their belt.

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
what i think is a little bit odd is the fact that they are highlighting ONLY the safety rating, which is 4 stars. is that even best in class?

YF19pilot

Car(s)
2006 Honda Civic Coupe
They remind me of those Allstate comercials. Show an accident, give advice, some facts, and then finally the pitch. These VW comercials do seem a bit scarier than the Allstate comercials, mainly because the other cars seem to just come out of nowhere (horror movie like), where as the Alstate comercials aren't as dramatic.

Hmm...I wonder if Allstate and VW are sharing the same advertising firms...That's Allstate's stand.

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Scare you?? How pussy wipped are you?? :p

These ads speak for themselves. At least there is one company out there who has the balls to do this. If North American manufacturers had ballsy adds then maybe the sales would be up to.

I like the ads. Kinda thinking of a Jetta TDI for an inbetween car ;).

YF19pilot

Car(s)
2006 Honda Civic Coupe
Mischief007 said:
Scare you?? How pussy wipped are you?? :p

These ads tell the truth. At least there is one company out there who has the balls to do this. If North American manufacturers had ballsy adds then maybe the sales would be up to.

I like the ads. Kinda thinking of a Jetta TDI for an inbetween car ;).

It's really nothing new. Allstate's been doing comercials like this for years. VW just took a page out of their advertising books to be the first car manufacturer to do such a comercial.

wahaha

Car(s)
Audi A6 2.7T, not going to show off by listing all
Jesus black christ that's funny.

Speaking of which, I've never seen a black man in a Jetta. And always using guys in their ad just promotes what girls think of guys who drive jettas; they're gay--it's just not right--weirdo, as one girl sitting next to me in college said when we did a 2 person class discussion on what cars we think each other drives.

VWs marketing branch is full of dipshits.
Mischief007 said:
All I gotta say is that VW has a very creative marketing department. They are the ones that push the envelope
Yeah, they really tore the wet envelope apart with the Passat W8. No one even knew the difference or that the damn car existed. That's why it failed after 1 year. VW thinks they can sell cars on their name alone. They're wrong. I've barely ever seen 2 commercials from them per year, and less from Audi. This isn't Europe or China where they have a monopoly. People in the US are still stupid about what a quality car is. And VW isn't doing a good job on "learnin" these people. I could make a better ad if I was chained in a dungeon for 50 years without driving them, since I owned 2 brands of these cars and their merits are so remarkable and rememberable.

My God, would you buy an escallade or a A6 4.2 with full options? Someone would have to be threatening to skull fuck you and shove a broom stick up your ass if you choose the first.

I can attest to the Passats safety personally, since I was t-boned by a red light runner in an intersection. He hit at about 25-30 mph in the rear passenger door. Spun the car 90 degrees and set the head and seat airbag off. Only minimal damage to the lower part of the door where there is a reinforcement beam, and tore a tiny hole in the driver door knob area. No undercarriage damage. Still took 4 weeks to fix though.

Why don't they just have a Big Foot come out of the forest and fist the shit out of the car and leave it like a used whore, then have the guys walk away without a scratch.