Thoughts on this wheel/car configuration

EyeMWing

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Subarus and shit
6227579310_a3f913e5ef.jpg

100_2200.jpg

Car is a '98 Crown Vic. Presently silver, but will become some variation on the word "black" in due time. Either using plain chrome centercaps, or possibly the stock Ford dog-dishes (as seen on the second car).

Stock steelies are 16x7 and fugly for this model year range. The latter stock steelies are FWD offset and won't fit because Ford is made of herpderp. These are 17x8, 0-offset. The rear axle MIGHT require a spacer, but probably not. Could also do 17x9's - either all around or on the rear only.

ALY03449U.jpg

32180930024_large.jpg

Maybe...

I can't think of anything else that would look good on the vic's.

Besides these:

cr-vic-reg-wheel.jpg

If you're going to mod a Crown Vic, do it right.

ford-crown-victoria-lounge-lizard-photo-392692-s-429x262.jpg
The Car and Driver "Packwood." Two words: bad and ass.

I still have this issue buried in my parents' basement somewhere.

If you're going to mod a Crown Vic, do it right.

View attachment 9389
The Car and Driver "Packwood." Two words: bad and ass.

I still have this issue buried in my parents' basement somewhere.
That's the general idea. Not a fan of the alloys, though.

cr-vic-reg-wheel.jpg
[/QUOTE]
These are the steelies I have. They're a bit limited (at a mere 16 inches you have to use high aspect tires to fill the wheel wells appropriately) and I've never really liked that particular hole pattern.

Limited? Is that why I've pretty much only seen Goodyear Eagle RSA on them?

There's a company that makes torque thrust knock offs with the right offset, I think it was Rev Wheels, but I'm not sure.

Do you want to stick with 16X7? Painted, Chrome, or Alloy?

I'd like to move up to 17 or 18xwhatever. Something I can run low aspect tires on. Black painted steels are cool, but the right alloys might work. Chrome is probably overkill, since the rest of the car will be as blacked out as I can make it.

Slight problem with those wheels - they won't fit without some modifications.

I like the look of American Racing Torq Thrusts - but I've heard people say the quality on those wheels is kind of spotty since they moved production to China.

Slight problem with those wheels - they won't fit without some modifications.

I like the look of American Racing Torq Thrusts - but I've heard people say the quality on those wheels is kind of spotty since they moved production to China.
Those should be a direct fit (no spacers or anything like that) with no issues as long as they're 5x114.3 with 0 offset. There are at least two people on CrownVic.net running them.
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...owflat&Main=179223&Number=2492982#Post2492982
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...owflat&Main=180693&Number=2512131#Post2512131

What about some Soft 8s?

They are normally thought of as truck wheels, but they'd probably looks sick on a crown vic.

Marauders were '03 and later. In 2003, Ford changed the suspension on the Panther cars - so the bolt pattern and offset are different.

Case in point: for '98-02 Crown Vics, Tire Rack has only 6 alloy wheels that will fit - all 16". For '03-11s, there are 223 -in sizes from 16" - 18".

Hence the dilemma.

Shows what I know. Guess you learn something new every day.