thoughts opinions feedback on Audi A8 please

justin syder said:
the audi just looks unsophisticated. the S-class is classy, and has good taste. it shows you have style without having outdoor equipment on the front of the car. :wink:

plus as clarkson said, its the technological trail blazer for the last 30 years. 8) , que rammstein - ich will
Yes, Clarkson knows everything...

The problem is that it has looked the same way for the lasy 30 years. It shows that you know nothing because everyother executive wanna-be owns an S-Class. It just shows that you would want the ordinary. Go for something different and exciting like the 745i or the A8 4.2. As others have said, the S-Class is "bland".

because everyother executive wanna-be owns an S-Class.

so what does that tell you? what about everyone that wants a ferrari, wannabe racers then?? BMW is diff, but that doesnt translate into popular. if u want radical get a sexy Zonda. thats diff. if you want the best large 4-dr sedan get an S-class.

and when getting a car in this segment ur not going to get something no one has, you either get the best or the rest.

Bahnstormer let us know if any of this is swaying ur opinion. :wink:

justin syder said:
because everyother executive wanna-be owns an S-Class.

so what does that tell you? what about everyone that wants a ferrari, wannabe racers then?? BMW is diff, but that doesnt translate into popular. if u want radical get a sexy Zonda. thats diff. if you want the best large 4-dr sedan get an S-class.

and when getting a car in this segment ur not going to get something no one has, you either get the best or the rest.

Bahnstormer let us know if any of this is swaying ur opinion. :wink:
You are not going to want something that no-one else has? Are you kidding me? Thats what everyone wants: a car that is rare and a car that everyone wants. The S-Class was it in 1997. But the 745i and A8 have raised the bar in quality and performance.

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular". The BMW is different and it may not translate into a popular car but that certainly doesnt make into a bad car. It can certainly out perform the equivalent S430/S500. And the BMW and Audi have been praised for interior quality (believe it or not I-Drive has been praised). The S-Class was the benchmarck but it has lost out with new cars that just over more of everything and kill it in quality, and area were Mercedes supposidly dominated.

thanks everyone for the feedback
i noticed that many of you are taking the external looks of the car into quite
high consideration, but personally if i'm going to drop close to 100,000 on a car, i'm very much interested in how luxurious/quiet/nice the interior will be. after all u do spend 100% of the time driving inside, not outside :wink:
the new s class is due in 2005 be it the begining or the end i'm not sure.
currently we in the usa have only 1 audi a8 to choose from. no w12 no s8.

the reason i was leaning towards the a8 is the standard quattro

i currently have a ml55amg and just sold my 95 S320. the s was awesome to be
sure but very "old man" feeling. like a fuggin tank in the corners too.

the 745i is out, its just retarded and i hate almost all new bmw cars/notice though that i own 2 bmw's a 91 535i and a 90 535i (both red :D )

s500 base = 85grand + awd = 90ish
a8 base = 70 grand.

that right there makes a very big difference for me since i can add about 15 grand of options to just get even to the s500.

keep the opinions coming !

oh and i have that video - clarkson " a8 is more of a drivers car, but i'll take the s-class"

heck even if the S Class was cheaper I'd have voted fro the A8... now that the A8 is 15k less why are you asking?

head out to your audi dealer....... NOW! :lol:

Audi A8 all the way! :)

cya
Oli

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:(

yeah well, it dont matte too much, if they had anything against about my fav Benz then i'd really be pissed :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well....take the Mercedes Benz. It's a far better luxury car than the rest. Justin, dun worry...you have another supporter here now. Hahaha! :D

If you dun mind the ugly looks of the 7-series, dynamic wise its the best car to drive. Audi A8 is more for the sporty and fashion image concious person in mind.

But if you wan luxury, the Mercedes wins hands down.

(dried tears from eyes) YEAH take that A8 lovers!!

benz has the better features and best resale. BMW is better driving car, A8 as wilson said, sportier but you can't bear an S-class. :wink:

justin syder said:

benz has the better features and best resale. BMW is better driving car, A8 as wilson said, sportier but you can't bear an S-class. :wink:

I want my sofa in my house... for the road I'll take a real car not some kind of feeling less cream puff mercedes. :roll:

Renesis said:
justin syder said:

I want my sofa in my house... for the road I'll take a real car not some kind of feeling less cream puff mercedes. :roll:

very funny but sadly mistaken.

justin syder said:
Renesis said:
justin syder said:

very funny but sadly mistaken.

sorry if truth hurts justin :wink:

xkwilson said:
Well....take the Mercedes Benz. It's a far better luxury car than the rest. Justin, dun worry...you have another supporter here now. Hahaha! :D

If you dun mind the ugly looks of the 7-series, dynamic wise its the best car to drive. Audi A8 is more for the sporty and fashion image concious person in mind.

But if you wan luxury, the Mercedes wins hands down.
Yes... because all of the resent tests have just praised how comfortable the S-Class is...

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=7359&page_number=2

Any reason why you're not looking at the S430? I know the horsepower is lower on the MB, but the base price is in the mid 70's...since you are looking at mainly luxury and which one is more vault-like :mrgreen:

Cruzz563 said:
Any reason why you're not looking at the S430? I know the horsepower is lower on the MB, but the base price is in the mid 70's...since you are looking at mainly luxury and which one is more vault-like :mrgreen:
0-60 in about 7 seconds.... :? You can get a 745i for that price. And that is 0-60 in 5.9. Big difference.