thoughts opinions feedback on Audi A8 please

bahnstormer

i'm in the market for a new car and am seriously considering the A8
anyone drive/own the caR?

thanks
martin

dont have one or driven it but based on clarkson's review i'd say, go for an S-Class.

the only prob is i get quattro and a nice car fo 70ish for the audi
and s500 costs 85, plus the awd option.... when did clarkson review
the NEW a8?

edit - does anyone have this?
Top Gear - Unknown [131 MB]
Expensive Luxury Cars
In this episode:
Jeremy attempts to drive the Mercedes-Benz S Class, but gets distracted with all the gadgets for a while before finallly driving it on the motorway
Jeremy tests the Audi A8
Richard talks about new Jaguar XJ
Richard test drives the Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62

im curious. how much do u have to earn bahnstormer, to be able to buy a high end luxury sedan?

How much you earn doesn't matter, it's whether you have a wife / girlfriend and/or kids or not :lol: .

The A8 or the 745i are better choices than the S-class, i've driven all three and I liked the Bimmers ride best, but the audi had the nicest interior and 4wheel drive, and the mercedes had the smart key, and thats about it. the funny thing is my neighbour had an s500 and he traded it in for a Lincoln Towncar :shock:

If I were u i'd go for the BMW if you like the new styling, or the A8 The sclass is just old

I would prefer the 745i. Its the only big luxury sedan that can feel like a 3-series. Its engine is spectacular and I-Drive is not that big of a deal. Read Car Magazine April 2004 issue which saw the conclusion to the 730d long-term test. In the "Against" section, it said: "Nothing".

I would definately go with the A8 8) , Quattro, nice engine, looks better than the others.

If you got the dough, buy a S8 :twisted:

2307846-Pendulumd.jpg

and the grill is horrible, S-class resale is high. :wink:

Benz has better resale, bettor gadgets, more luxurious, better car.

why would anyone want a sporty large size sedan??

outdated, its timeless!

it looks better than that BMW or audi with barbeque grill.

justin syder said:
outdated, its timeless!

:roll:

y'know brand loyality doesn't mean you can't stay open minded and you have to find stupid fake flaws to the competition :wink:

if anything i'd take a Phaeton, those are miticulously made with great attention to detail and that is a great car, badge and looks aside.

second, that grill is obscenely large, com'on?!

THIRD, check this possible new S-Class,

W221_S-Class.jpg

justin syder said:
outdated, its timeless!

yah u just gotta love how the headlights have morphed into a polyprotic blob over the years :wink:

they're all nice, but the question is: do u want a car that at least looks new?? the s-class is too bland

M5Rangerover said:
justin syder said:
outdated, its timeless!

yah u just gotta love how the headlights have morphed into a polyprotic blob over the years :wink:

they're all nice, but the question is: do u want a car that at least looks new?? the s-class is too bland

so is the Phaeton... it doesn't look like it's worth half it's price!

the audi just looks unsophisticated. the S-class is classy, and has good taste. it shows you have style without having outdoor equipment on the front of the car. :wink:

plus as clarkson said, its the technological trail blazer for the last 30 years. 8) , que rammstein - ich will