Three more years of Top Gear

Even one series a year is better than most of what's on TV these days. ;)

Although, Jeremy just tweeted this: "I like the Guardian. It's a good paper. But the story it's running about Top Gear on line is seriously wrong. "

Last edited:
There was a second article in the Guardian that may've drawn Jeremy's ire which led to his tweet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/sep/27/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson?intcmp=239

No. That article directly references the "seriously wrong" tweet, and the posting dateline is after the tweet. However, this article does directly state that the "seriously wrong" part is referring to the money amounts. That makes sense, rather than calling into question the re-signing.

No one would make such a song and dance about the money in the US, and actually a world wide success would be worth much more there. In a funny way a good attitude in Ukania to money (being slightly vulgar to mention) has become perverted over the years now to envy. Probably caused by many undeserving people (and Clarkson is not one of them) obtaining huge payouts (Yes Bankers I am referring to you.

The song and dance is all about it being the BBC, publicly funded etc. Many people, journalists included, don't realise quite how many fingers the Beeb has in how many commercial pies. They see it simplistically as "our money" which, if they don't like the people or the shows involved, is being "wasted".

You don't see an outcry if somebody is offered a huge salary by ITV, which has happened often enough, even though commercial TV is still funded by the public through advertising, the cost of which is added to every product and service they buy.

Clarkson was also alerted by Danny Baker to the fact that there was a poll on whether he deserved his salary. I got the impression that Clarkson intended to vote in it - I hope he voted no.

Edit: Are you planning to keep that avatar, Cobol? Not nice. Not nice at all...

Last edited:
Did someone mention avatars? :evil:

Amie8 has it pretty much nailed. The Waily Fail and the Torygraph bash the BBC because it is publicly funded and that smacks of communism and the Grauniad likes to bash Top Gear because they are all lefty hippes and can't stand cars or the fact that Clarkson is a Tory who makes lots of money.

I use my right to a choice and simply refrain from watching quite a lot of TV to avoid the advertising and the lowest common denominator crap that it funds for the entertainment of the sheeple.

Final result of the poll:

Does Jeremy Clarkson deserve his multimillion-pound pay deal?

67% Yes

33% No

Three more years of Top Gear. Joy! Hopefully that's 6 more series (I assume this year's one will remain an aberration, owing to the London Olympics)

Clarkson's follow up tweet with a shot at Lewis. :lol:

I just hope the quality improves. Some of the episodes of the last couple seasons were down right painful to watch.

I just hope the quality improves. Some of the episodes of the last couple seasons were down right painful to watch.

Really? I thought the last two seasons had significantly more 'home runs' than previous seasons. For me, the Sweeney film was about the only low point of 18, and probably the tail end of the train making segment was a little painful for 17.

To each his own, as they say... ;)

Really? I thought the last two seasons had significantly more 'home runs' than previous seasons. For me, the Sweeney film was about the only low point of 18, and probably the tail end of the train making segment was a little painful for 17.
Took the words out of right out of my mouth. And we're all better off it we don't mention the Top Gear India Special :cool:

After Clarkson AND Wilman sold all them "Bedder 6" bounces, i suspect there are two options can be. The first, It's looks like a way to escape of business, so, Top Gear will be close after the end of following series. And The second, show will be run without of Clarkson's person. The second is (certainly) doubtful, because, as we all know, Clarkson is the main TG screenwriter. And The First can explain why TG Christmas special will air in February - it will be farewell performance as is. That is exactly that Clarkson had mean "seriously wrong" about Guardian's article. Just keeping hope what i'd draw wrong conclusions :mrgreen: