Three Pedals or Two Pedals?

Three Pedals or Two Pedals?

• Total voters
{ shrugs }

I just swear profusely at my car when it doesn't do what I want. I've also grown quite fond of the word "bollocks."

After attempting to drive equiraptor's car, though, everything seems much harder to stall. Okay, not everything. But...lots of things!

Some manuals are better than others in heavy traffic. My Civic is easily the worst of all the manual equipped cars I've owned. No torque and once you do get going, the gas pedal is so sensitive, hitting a bump could cause your left foot to move a fraction of a millimeter, causing the car to jolt forward. And when you lift off the gas, it slows so suddenly, your body jerks forward. It's fraking annoying.

I noticed that when I went to check one out at a dealer a year or so ago. Throttle pedal shorter than a go-kart's. I thought that was quite an odd choice.

Though, Honda transmissions are usually pretty nice as far as usability goes. I didn't drive the Si though so I don't know about that one.

Well, I've got one of both and I have to say I much prefer the three pedal; it's just more fun. Sure, it's a pain in the ass in stop and go traffic, but after growing up in a major metro I've long since grown accustomed to that. Now that I'm in small town America its not a problem!

I tend to prefer bigger, comfier and not exactly performance oriented cars, and two pedals is a no-brainer to me these days. I like the feeling of technology working for me rather than the other way around. I dont' have any problems at all with manual boxes, I just don't see the point, at all. :)

And for you who would like to learn... just buy a manual car and figure it out. I did when I was 14 or so and knew the basics long before that. It really is, like someone said, as easy as tying your shoelaces.

Both are fine to me, that's like asking me which are better: fine Italian dress shoes or high end sports trainers, both have their strengths and disadvantages? Would I want to wear prada shoes while playing basketball? Would I want to wear Ascics running shoes at a black tie event in Paris?

Yes to me asking if manual or auto or DSG is better is like asking those questions above.

Reactions: TC