Three Rotor RX-8?!!!

tripleoptics

Dang. my friend just told me about a three freakin rotor rx8 with 0-60 in an estimated 3 seconds flat!! thats freaking crazy!...too bad its a rx8 not a rx7...o well. as long as its a rotory. Ive also heard that theres a plan for a 6rotor rx7 engine...man that thing would own...

I think this was posted here before. If not, maybe it was at Dieselstation.

Renesis will know of course. 8)

5 and 6 rotor engines are the custom made ones used in the LeMans and various other race cars. no production model would have that, it couldnt pass emission tests in India, much less California :lol:

yup... they were pretty powerful and alot of people put them on the RX-7, however they are highly unreliable cuz I think the thing to spin the 3-rotors kept snapping

well unreliable when put in something other than a cosmo.... the cosmo came with this sort of cage that goes around the 20B and keeps it from flexing... when you take it out and put it in say an FD3S you lack that cage and the motor twists from the torque and gets alllll screwed up... there are ways around this like putting high strength bolts through the housing but even that doesn't always work

TF

Oh btw the 6-rotor FD you're talking about is based in australia IIRC. Don't quite remmember the website.

FYI, it's old as fuck, the project started in 2003 :)

they guy was claming crazy numbers at first like 8-900HP with high boost, but ran into some problems apparently, I don't know, I stopped visiting RX-8 forums a while ago

lol if someone actually put in a 6 rotor fd engine... youd have to have the nose of an slr on the rx7...crazy

Mazda Australia developed the RX-8 turbo engine churns out 360 BHP and 350Nm of torque.You can check it at Mazda Australia.Now that's hot.I hope it can d0 0-60 in 4.5 secs.

Mazda 787B Group C race car uses 4 rotors, 5 and 6 rotor setups are almost entirely custom made (so is 4 rotor)

787_21.jpg