Spoilers: Tickets for the Show

I was the girl who asked the question during the news. It wasn't a plant; I was standing right behind the guys and just happened to have an opinion on the matter! (Which is why they had to re-shoot that bit, since I didn't have a microphone.) I'm not an actress, although I am an automotive journalist and have been on TV. But I can pretty much guarantee the directors/producers had no idea who the heck I was. But I guess it went well if it looked planned!

And by the way, I totally agree with the posts here and on the other thread about the chicks wearing the mini dresses and clubbing outfits. WTF?!

The show was way better than I expected, and the producers and crew were fantastic. But but did it bother anyone else that Eric kept pronouncing "Porsche" as one syllable?

Cheers,

Laura Burstein

Sorry for the confusion. I guess you could take it as a compliment, most of us assumed you were an actress because of your looks. :/ How I convinced myself I'd seen your face before, I don't know.

Sorry for the confusion. I guess you could take it as a compliment, most of us assumed you were an actress because of your looks. :/ How I convinced myself I'd seen your face before, I don't know.

I was on a network called TechTV several years ago. And I've been on some other stuff too, but I definitely don't "act." :)

But but did it bother anyone else that Eric kept pronouncing "Porsche" as one syllable?

He did? Ugh. That woulda driven me nuts too.

I still don't get why they went with Eric. Any car nut would know better than to say "Porsh".

I was on a network called TechTV several years ago. And I've been on some other stuff too, but I definitely don't "act." :)

I don't know how you kept yourself composed when Chunky's sweaty self was flirting w you between taping sessions. I wish he didn't do it over the mic, because listening to it creeped me out.

He did? Ugh. That woulda driven me nuts too.

I still don't get why they went with Eric. Any car nut would know better than to say "Porsh".

That annoyed me almost more than anything else. The worst part was that he did it during the already taped segments (cheap car challenge) so they could have/should have taken care of that already. I think he did it again during the studio taping.

But overall thats a very minor complaint considering how many hours of taping there were.

Wait, they had "booth babes" on the show? I mean, Top Gear UK had a few on as well, but that was at the very least used as a "visual aid" for when Jeremy was comparing supercars to breast shapes (don't ask). I really hope they don't feel the need to add a little "Man Show" to Top Gear. :rolleyes:

[EDIT]nvm my bad, just re-read some comments and realized it meant putting more attractive people in front of the camera, which they obviously do in the UK show as well.

Last edited:
Haha @ the thought of Juggies on TG.

Hi

I was there, and at the very end asked Andy quite a few questions along with Andrew911tt and some others. I made a few notes of his responses regarding both the UK and US versions when I got back in the car, and will look to post roughly what was said when I get a little time over the next couple of days - if you'd all like that..!

On the whole, I'd like to add that the pilot was way better than my expectations. I was thoroughly entertained and soon forgot all about my skepticism, not least after seeing Andy at the helm, but pretty much as soon as Adam Corolla opened his mouth.

I made a few notes of his responses regarding both the UK and US versions when I got back in the car, and will look to post roughly what was said when I get a little time over the next couple of days - if you'd all like that..!

Yes please! :)

Wait, they had "booth babes" on the show? I mean, Top Gear UK had a few on as well, but that was at the very lease used as a "visual aid" for when Jeremy was comparing supercars to breast shapes (don't ask). I really hope they don't feel the need to add a little "Man Show" to Top Gear. :rolleyes:

[EDIT]nvm my bad, just re-read some comments and realized it meant putting more attractive people in front of the camera, which they obviously do in the UK show.
Actually, there was a small but sizable contingent of eye candy who were paid to be there. My friend was near the front when they shoved this black chick in front of him. She turned around, looked at him, and said "they pay you to be here too?"

"No."

"Oh, sorry. I shouldn't've said that, huh?"

No, bimbo, you shouldn't've.

This sounds even better than I was hoping! Lovely to see that Andy appreciates us, even though he does get angry when we think they dubbed a V8 over a Diahatsu Terios :lol:

I can't wait to see the pilot! :mrgreen: I hope the Australian version is just as good!

Actually, there was a small but sizable contingent of eye candy who were paid to be there. My friend was near the front when they shoved this black chick in front of him. She turned around, looked at him, and said "they pay you to be here too?"

"No."

:lol: That's America for ya.

Although I can understand them wanting to do that. If they didn't, it'd just be a bunch of us guys who are into cars + the occasional chick. It wouldn't have nearly the balance that the UK show has (they have a girl/guy ratio to get in the door).

Well, I just got back to Dallas a couple of hours ago from a great weekend in LA.

First off, I just want to tell you guys, when I heard who was hosting the show, I had serious, serious doubts about it. (Do a search if you want proof - lol). When we were all finally ushered into the studio, and Andy came out - well, I was pretty relieved to say the least. He is getting it off the ground so to speak, before turning production over to two other gentlemen who unfortunately I can't recall their names. What shocked me was him almost immediately asking "Who here is from the FinalGear Mafia?" There were a good number of hands that went up, I bet 30+. Very cool.

It was a long day of standing on your feet almost always, and it was quite warm in there at times, but it was worth it to see them put together what will be the first episode. Adam Carolla definately has the wit and humor to carry the show, and I am hoping in the long run, he will be able to speak more about the technical abilities of a car too, like Jeremy can at times. I can really say that many of my doubts about the show have been erased. Like all shows, I think it may have a few kinks that get worked out at the beginning, especially if they focus test the near final product. I wish I could say more, but the very wordy NDA I signed probably forbids it. I do think there is a decent chance I will be on TV in the final version though, hopefully!

I can also say that now that I have been through a taping, I have an all new appreciation for what it takes to make one episode of the British version - I imagine the filming process is pretty similar. After hours of taping, only then to have to fiddle with edits, on top of all the work done for the films, well...its pretty amazing. I think you would definately have to love what you do to strive for that quality. I am really eager to see the premiere and see how it turns out.

After the taping, a few of us cornered Andy and peppered him with questions, which he politely answered. A really nice guy. I think the Top Gear staff really does read these forums to find out what the audience think about their product, because they do care very much about making a great program. He said they pretend not to read it, but they all do. :)

I wouldnt be surprised if Laura from earlier in this thread picks up some kind of role in the show later on. I just want to throw that out there NOW, so if it were to happen, I can say I called it. Lol. :D

Lastly, because I have to brag just a little bit here, I wanted to show you guys the autographs I got. Adam Carolla, Tanner Foust, Eric Stromer, and Andy Wilman. Made the whole thing worth it!

2708732587_d2c66c0b14_b.jpg

Nice mag! Bastard. :mad:

"No."

Bzzt. Sorry. The correct answer was, "of course, how much did you get?" Then snort a laugh at whatever she says and say, "I'm getting about three times as much." Then commence flirting in earnest.

Wait, they had "booth babes" on the show? I mean, Top Gear UK had a few on as well, but that was at the very lease used as a "visual aid" for when Jeremy was comparing supercars to breast shapes (don't ask). I really hope they don't feel the need to add a little "Man Show" to Top Gear. :rolleyes:

[EDIT]nvm my bad, just re-read some comments and realized it meant putting more attractive people in front of the camera, which they obviously do in the UK show.

yes youre correct, they just put some plastic surgery sluts and a few girls dressed like whores closer to the front of the camera, as well as some naturally attractive girls.

lol Viper!

I had a damm good time, lines were epic but i got in, also ima try to go to every single taping. but yeah, next time i will take a novelty licence plate, California Plate: FNL-GR or something idk and get it autographed by everyone, and idk ill put it up on eBay or give it to someone here on Final Gear.

But yeah next time i will take my new toy that i had to sell an arm and a leg for just for the down payment, i bought an '03 Ferrari 575M, cost me abit over $98k, gona write most of it off as work related transportation expenses....hehe, but yeah i also plan on taking it on Bullrun next year

but yeah Viper find me a good Final gear logo, for the next taping of TGA, and ill make a giant flag and ill drive up to the studio with it next time

PS: Pix to come still need to go pick it up in Arizona, lulz eBay ftw!

Nice mag! Bastard. :mad:

:lol: What, that thing? I picked it up at Barnes and Noble this last week - figured it would be better autograph material than the regular issue.

After I got Andy's autograph, the guy next to him asked me where I got it - I told him I picked it up in Dallas before flying out, and he seemed surprised. Turns out he worked for Top Gear Magazine...