Spoilers: Tickets for the Show

Haven't hosted FLD, but I know Kenny and the crew and they're fun guys.

Was Chris the tall guy in the black striped shirt? I saw him, but I didn't stare because it hurt my neck to look up that far (I'm only 5' 4"). ;)

And BTW, I was totally cracking up when Chunky asked if anyone liked NASCAR and everyone booed. Obviously he didn't know his audience.

Anyone see the darkish blue E46 M3 with out the badge on it in the VIP parking lot :think: ?

Hello everyone. I've been a fan of TG for many, many years now and have been on this site numerous times, just never actually posted anything. Now that I have an excuse to add another Forum to my addiction I will probably be posting on here quite often.

Anyways, I think the E46 M3 in the VIP parking lot belonged to Tanner. I know that he has mentioned many times before owning an E46. And I just talked to a friend of mine that knows him and he confirms that Tanner drives a dark blue E46.

nonononoonon haha It was the one that we drove down from the bay area! :burnrubber:

We did a run that ususaly takes nearly 6 hours to do.. in 3 horus and 50mnts

But tanner also has a E46.. we were talking to tanner about it.. he was saying how Sam Hubstsn did somethihg simlar in an M3 from LA area to Montery.

I was just curious if anyone noticed it :wicked:

I think I have you all beat on that drive. I drove from Seattle to LA. 2200 miles aprox. It took me a little over 21 hrs total on the way back with traffic and naps. I made the LA to Sacramento trip in about 4 hrs also (under the cover of darkness, and in nothing close to a BMW). Reason why I drove? I have a company car that has to get to 90K before I can give it back and get a new one. I have 900 miles to go.

Big fan of the show. I Thought the chemistry was there between the three of them but has to be developed over time, as many have already said. One thing that I love about the UK version is that Jeremy has a deep knowledge and understanding of the cars that he drives and that in turn comes across in his reviews/rants. I didn't get the sense of that from Adam. Tanner has a fair bit of knowledge of racing and cars from what I over heard him talking to some fans about. Not sure of Eric's background but if he may fall into the funny guy role, if that happens he needs to step it up and be funnier.

This is my first post - Just thought I'd share my thoughts

:welcome: and lol @ you driving the wheels off that thing.

Hey all,

Long time T.G. fan, but this is only my second or third post on the forums here. Baing in South Florida it made a day trip hard for the shoot so I've have to reply on your excellent posts. I've got a feel for it and it feels GOOD!

Thanks for sharing, and more importantly for the honesty. I love the nay-sayers coming out and giving positive feedback. That to me is the big picture on the quality of the new program.

-Matt

Actually, there was a small but sizable contingent of eye candy who were paid to be there. My friend was near the front when they shoved this black chick in front of him.

That was stupid. I was right behind Adam Carolla during the news (between him and the TV) when suddenly the producers shoved that hay-haired, daddy-long-legged-eyelashed girl right in front of me! Fortunately I fought back and pushed her to the side. I wasn't about to let someone who had never heard of Top Gear get in front of a die-hard fan who evangelizes the show to everyone he meets.

But but did it bother anyone else that Eric kept pronouncing "Porsche" as one syllable?

Absolutely! Although I've learned to pronounce it both ways depending on who I'm talking to. If I'm talking to someone who knows nothing about cars I will force myself to say "Porsh," because if you say it properly people will make some stupid joke about you being posh or snobby or something. However, if you're a host on freaking Top Gear, then you better pronounce it properly.

Oh well.

That was stupid. I was right behind Adam Carolla during the news (between him and the TV) when suddenly the producers shoved that hay-haired, daddy-long-legged-eyelashed girl right in front of me! Fortunately I fought back and pushed her to the side. I wasn't about to let someone who had never heard of Top Gear get in front of a die-hard fan who evangelizes the show to everyone he meets.

Absolutely! Although I've learned to pronounce it both ways depending on who I'm talking to. If I'm talking to someone who knows nothing about cars I will force myself to say "Porsh," because if you say it properly people will make some stupid joke about you being posh or snobby or something. However, if you're a host on freaking Top Gear, then you better pronounce it properly.

Oh well.
Oh man, that chick was busted!

However, if you're a host on freaking Top Gear, then you better pronounce it properly.

It's not like the UK hosts learned to pronounce car names properly; (Nissan does not contain an E, and therefore cannot rhyme with Yen) it's just the localized pronunciation.

Lots of good reviews and info in this thread. My wife and I were very lucky to show up right on time with our tickets and get into the entire shoot. We were placed right behind Adam during the SIARPC segment as well as right up front when they taped the scenes in front of the map.

I will say there were some VERY rude folks in that "hanger". On more than one occasion we had these self proclaimed "pretty people" just push us aside and stand right in front of us. It was annoying to say the least. As I'm from Ohio and have not actually attended anything like this, it was quite interesting to see what people will do to get on TV!

At any rate, I thought the show was great and I can't wait to see it on TV. I sure hope they use the footage....

I may be getting a flight down to the next taping. We'll see. ^_^

(No, nothing via BBC/NBC/etc.)