Spoilers: Tickets for the Show

Dude, they always overbook the tickets, because so many people flake out. That's normal procedure here in Hollywood, and, they tell you that right on the ticket.

That's why you need to get there early.

I was thoroughly impressed by the pilot taping. I wanted to hate it and pompously brag to people that British Top Gear was the only route to go, but most surprisingly, I walked away thinking that the American pilot was just as good (if not better) than some of the more recent episodes of British Top Gear. In watching the recent episodes of season 11 I felt like I was being let down by repetitive jokes and "not-so-funny-or-exciting" segments. Compared to this, the American pilot felt fresh and enticing. I never thought that it could be anywhere near this good. Adam Carolla was absolutely hilarious and spot on with his insults; Tanner and Eric had their moments but they were never the shining stars of the show.

All I have to really say is this: I assumed (and even wanted) for Top Gear America to be a complete failure, now I expect to download 2 episodes of Top Gear each Sunday.

If anything, its miles better than Fifth Gear :whistle:

We've seen other TV shows. We drove into California to see Two and a Half Men just a few months ago. I understand you need to get there early, that's no problem. With all the TV shows we've been to, we've never seen a ticket company offer a second round of tickets for an EARLIER taping of the SAME show and give those second round chances PRIORITY entry! This was unfair to all of us who did everything we could to jump on the chance to get those 4pm tickets only to be put behind people who came after us. This made up a good half of the stuidio audience NOT INCLUDING a second full studio audience waiting for 4pm! Not cool for folks with 4pm tickets only who got undercut by the 1:30pm fiasco, leaving 50% fewer seats and opportunity to the 4pm folks to get in.

Last edited:
To offer a second round of tickets for an earlier taping and give those second round chances priority entry was unfair to all of us who did everything we could to jump on the chance to get those 4pm tickets only to be put behind people who came after us. Not cool.

I don't think the original intention was to allow those who had ONLY the 1:30 tickets to remain in studio. I think that the schedule delay pretty much gave them no choice but to leave everyone in, and then add some of the 4pm crew. To have to reprocess everyone again would have added at least a few more hours of delay. Remember, trying to keep the production time as short as possible is by far the most important thing when shooting.

That being said, I'm very glad I was in the 1:30 group (while also having a 4pm ticket), but I feel bad for those who didn't get in. :(

any idea how long run time is without commercials?

45 minutes? or is the show going to be 1:30?

any idea how long run time is without commercials?

45 minutes? or is the show going to be 1:30?

an NBC prime time is never 1:30 long. Its probably going to 1 hr long w commericals, aka 45 min like you said.

i have to say, Carolla is a much taller man than i expected and he carried himself (and dressed) almost exactly like clarkson, with a matching Jew fro too. plus his brand of humor really makes him an 'american' clarkson. but his personality definitely carried the pilot ep right now. the other presenters need some warming up.

If this spoiler doesn't tell you that Carolla will be a good Clarkson alternative, I don't know what will.

For one of the takes for the News segment, Eric Stromer introduced the new Camaro. Carolla said he hated it and that the American companies need to stop looking in the rear view mirror, that's why we're getting our asses kicked in the market. He also stated that "if Ford kept trying to redesign old cars, they'll eventually pull the cover off a horse!"

That was such a Clarkson-esque joke and made me believe that this could work.

What scares me is how the hell is Eric or Tanner going to pull off an entire segment by themselves? Wasn't impressed at all with Tanner's performances on SuperCars exposed, and...Eric... well, I'm just concerned.

As for group competitions, it seems like it's going to work pretty well.

Well it's good to hear that the show is heading in the right direction thanks to Mr. Willman. (Yes, I want your job one day, I'm a film schooler in the Business side of things, so I'd appreciate any advice PM'd to me.)

I will say I'm becoming less skeptical for now.

Thanks for posting everyone. Great hearing more and more reviews from the taping! :)

When we were talking to Andy Willman after the taping he said that the run time will be 43 min.

Just watched a Supercars Exposed episode and that clown Tanner stalled the Carrera GT...I hope he gets a grip(or a clue) quick. I don't see him as an asset to the show, prove me wrong(I hope).
I am very jealous of anyone who got to go, none the less!

When we were talking to Andy Willman after the taping he said that the run time will be 43 min.
Which is the standard for an American TV show.

Just watched a Supercars Exposed episode and that clown Tanner stalled the Carrera GT...I hope he gets a grip(or a clue) quick. I don't see him as an asset to the show, prove me wrong(I hope).
I am very jealous of anyone who got to go, none the less!

You do know that he's a D1 drift champion right?

that being said I am really looking forward to this, and I hope it does well

I think quite a few people will agree, but he seemed pretty good in person at the taping; even better during the taped segments.