Tiff joins evo Magazine

Gingertom

Car(s)
'04 Skoda Octavia vRS
In the latest issue of evo magazine, editor Nick Trott talks about how Chris Harris is leaving and how he is being replaced by two people. The first is Jethro Bovingdon "And the other joining evo next month? Two words: Tiff Needell."

This isn't the first time Tiff has worked for a car mag but it'll be interesting to see how he gets on and what role he will play. Will he be writing? Will he take over Chris' brilliant video reviews? Or maybe a bit of both? We'll have to wait until next month to find out.

Those are some big shoes to fill. No wonder they needed to hire 2 people to replace Chris.

Some tweets:

@tiff_tv said:
Yes, the news is out - I am delighted to say I will be stepping into the sideways shoes of @harrismonkey and joining the Evo Magazine team!

@harrismonkey said:
@tiff_tv Well done sir. I trust you will maintain the shoddy standards of spelling, punctuation and, most importantly, late copy I set!

@tiff_tv said:
@harrismonkey A splendid example - I'll do my best! Happy New Year.

@tiff_tv said:
Delighted to hear so many of you pleased with my arrival at Evo - but don't worry there's more Fifth Gear to come as well!

Interesting. I'm not a fan of Tiff in front of the camera, but I do respect his huge amount of experience and great driving skills. Chris Harris is one tough guy to replace, but Tiff might be excellent choice. I'm really looking forward to see if he'll write some articles and how they will turn out.

Where's Chris Harris off to?

To PistonHeads

And I agree, he was good in front of camera. And unlike Top Gear guys, he still lots of credibility

Thanks to this, I'm checking out Chris Harris road test reviews on youtube

[video=youtube;HPh90yNX-mY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY[/video]

This video was posted back in Oct, so I know it's been mentioned on the forums before, but I cannot find the original thread

Question is does anyone know what drivetrain is used to power that taxi? When I see the interior the wheel and instrument cluster appear to be from an Evo 8 or 9 but I'm not sure.