• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Tiff

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
Am I the only one who finds Tiff kind of annoying? Don't get me wrong, he's a great driver and all, however his on-air presence is more like a news anchor than a cool person, and he seems to have the same tone as a news caster. Maybe I haven't watched enough episodes, but this is just what my wife and I think. It's one of the reasons why we like Top gear better: the presenters are more "easy going" or something, not sure what would be the best phrase to use :)

I apologize if this has already been discussed before!

I think it was discussed, but it didn't have it's own thread, it was part of a wider topic... :)

And I can't remember where it's @ atm.

I know what you mean, he isn't like clarckson with the sense of humour. But they are diferent people coming from diferent backgrounds. I like Tiff's driving more, he (and Vicky :D ) puts cars to their limits when testing... even vans!!! now how cool is that? I don't really mind, but I can see where you are coming from.

On the other thand, Clarckson (big fan here) can be anoying as well. Especially his written articles. I remember there was one about... Porsche he wrote a while back. 3/4 of the thing was on how times has changed in society, how his daughter is going to school etc etc.

Diferent people, diferent style, Tiff can steer that's fine with me.

Sometimes Tiff sounds like he is kind of exhausted at the beginning of a segment. Like the Porsche Boxster just now. I got the image he ran all the way from London to Scotland or where ever they were filming, and just started praising the Boxster as soon as he got there. :p

Tiff is great.

He can drive anything sideways.
Also he put his knee down on his first ever track day on a bike.

Not many can say the same.

Yes Scud, that's all true. But it doesn't make him a great presenter, does it?

we are .. we want to see someone that really care about the car market and so ..
no doubt about car handling .. but it needs more jeremy's ...... :(

Dont you think Tiff cares?

Sure Jeremey is fun and all that but he doesn't give a shit about other cars he doesn't like.

On Top gear it's always about aston martin or some other super car normal people cant afford.

On Fifth Gear they usualy test cars we normal people can afford.
ofcourse sometimes they do test super cars but not as often as Top gear.

They test all kinds of affordable cars on Top Gear :)

When I brought up Tiff, I was mainly referring to his overall delivery and tone of voice, not so much the words he says or his outlooks on cars. Fifth Gear is still a cool show.

Scud said:
Dont you think Tiff cares?

Sure Jeremey is fun and all that but he doesn't give a shit about other cars he doesn't like.

On Top gear it's always about aston martin or some other super car normal people cant afford.

On Fifth Gear they usualy test cars we normal people can afford.
ofcourse sometimes they do test super cars but not as often as Top gear.

I agree completely. You can tell Tiff has a love for all cars, while Jeremy only likes supercars. If Tiff is driving some crappy econobox he just slides it the entire review and makes it fun, instead of complaining about it like Jeremy.

Jeremy doesn't only like supercars. He liked the Renault Clio and the Citroen Berlingo for example becasue they both have character.

Jeremy is definitely the most opinionated of the two, making him more interesting to listen to while Tiff is more fun to watch. I like them both.

Jeremy does make many more jokes,Tiff makes slim to none, which is the onlything that makes hime watchable, besides the hilarious and weird faces he makes.

I'd do both...uh, I mean...i think they both are pretty cool

To me Jeremy is a comedian with a HUGE EGO.

Tiff is a proper test driver and test each car 100%.

As I said Jeremy is fun but Tiff is way better in handling and testing cars.

I only watch Top gear to get a laugh.
I watch Fifth gear to actually get some knowledge of the cars.

Jeremy is definetly the better presenter, but I do love Tiff's reviews as they are more about the car than praising Ferraris. :p

But seriously, Tiff (as well as Jason and Vicki for that matter) push the cars to the limit and seriously see how well they can perform. The only person who can drive on TG is the Stig. It's great to have a presenter that can be driving a car like crazy while talking about it, even if I don't get as many laughs while watching it. ;)

Overall, I like Tiff and have a HUGE amount of respect for the man. :thumbup:

I think that Tiff is way better than Jeremy, I don't understand why you guys like Jeremy so much. He always puts everybody down and thinks that his opinion is the greatest advice.

Television is still largely entertainment. Jeremy being the clown that he is makes
the better entertainment. That is the point that he knows very well. In fact, he has mastered being a clown which is why he won creative control of Top Gear.
Tiff's driving is entertaining but he certainly is not as entertaining a "character"
in front of the camera as Jeremy.

You can't please everybody or cover everyone's interest or suit everyone's taste.
The higher ratings of Top Gear after Jeremy took full control means the greater majority of viewers like what they see. And it is no secret that it is because they are entertained. That was the point that Jeremy proved correctly to the BBC management who previously tried to continue the "real life" car reviews sans Jeremy and lost viewership in the process. Afterall, would viewers want to watch reviews of the mundane and boring? The showbiz Clown rules! Hail Jeremy!

However, have Tiff and Vicky compete and challenge. We get to enjoy both shows!
The more the merrier! :D