Ownership Verified: Time for a resurrection: 1994 Saab 900 turbo convertible

What if you used Saab Ronal Cross-spokes?

201667-2399624.jpg

Here's a set of really nice Borbets, but you'd have to fit flatnose hubs or something...

Alternatively rare Diamond Spokes that need a little help:

Those Ronals cross-spokes would be ideal, but finding a set would be challenging. And those diamond spokes are near to me but IMO rather overpriced, though if boring out those Mustang wheel hubs properly turns out to be pricey, I may reconsider.

Well hmm. The Mustang wheel (according to wheel-size.com) is ET22.4 for a 15x7 wheel, while the Saab is ET33 for a 15x6 wheel. If I use the same width tire (195-60/R15), that should roughly even out right?

Check the tire calculator at wheel-size so you can see how it works out. What you have is a wide wheel sticking far out while the car runs a narrower wheel that's inset more.

Verdict: "The tire will stick out 11 mm farther. Rim will stick out 24 mm farther. Positive scrub radius (about 11 mm)." #stance

Well hmm. The Mustang wheel (according to wheel-size.com) is ET22.4 for a 15x7 wheel, while the Saab is ET33 for a 15x6 wheel. If I use the same width tire (195-60/R15), that should roughly even out right?

Edit: Got that backwards, try this one instead.

I'm gonna go for it; the stock wheels are quite tucked in as it is, and eyeballing it with a tread depth meter suggests it's not going to stick out too egregiously. Besides, turbine wheels, born from jets, it's a perfect fit.
IMG_0449.jpeg

You can do it! But maybe consider a suspension drop while you're at it. Also, what if you left the machined parts unpainted, or at least the lip/face?

You can do it! But maybe consider a suspension drop while you're at it. Also, what if you left the machined parts unpainted, or at least the lip/face?
Oh yeah, unpainted lip is the plan. Turns out the design I'm aiming for is actually what came on the Fox body Mercury Cougar.
1987-mercury-cougar-ls-20th-anniversary

Aaaargh, I'm on the wrong side of the country for those.