Time Limit for Editing Posts

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Just wondering if the reduction in time was on purpose? Before, you could edit a post a few minutes after initially posting it and it wouldn't put the last edit tag at the bottom.

But now it seems to appear even if you do a little edit right away. No biggie, but it's neater without it if you're just fixing spelling or something.

I thought it depends on whether anyone has accessed the thread after you've posted or not. Makes sense.

^yeah what he said. There isn't a time limit, but it only shows a little tag in the bottom if someone else has replied to your post, so everyone knows you've changed your post

Just wondering if the reduction in time was on purpose? Before, you could edit a post a few minutes after initially posting it and it wouldn't put the last edit tag at the bottom.

But now it seems to appear even if you do a little edit right away. No biggie, but it's neater without it if you're just fixing spelling or something.

I did indeed lower it. I believe it's at 1 minute now. I lowered it as it as vB won't start recording the edit history until after that grace period and I like to see the full edit history, so I have to balance my desire to see the edit history from shortly after it's posted against it not showing up after spelling fixes.

^ Fair enough, I was just wondering what the reason was. I really should proof my posts before I hit post.

Thanks for the reply.