• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Tips on staying awake?

Roland

I've got a loooooooooong night ahead of me. Have a spanish test tomorrow and need to study a lot :( . Do u guys have any tips on how to stay sharp and concentrated, except of the usual coffe of course?

Take a cold shower. That should help, depending on your sleepiness for atleast 40mins.

What I do when I've got to study hard, have a break every hour. To me it's very important, just walk around, maybe do some physical excersises to keep the blood flowing. I usually don't study the evening/night before I have a major test...I don't wanna be dead tired when I make the test. Make sure you have enough ventilation in the room, staying in the same room for multiple hours with no ventilation kills your concentration. Put an extra sweater on if it's cold but that is really important.
Making sure your brains get enough O2, and too much carbondioxine/ide whatever it's in english, is bad and will cause a head-ache.

Hope it helps, good luck with your test!

Thumbsup!

icecream

when you feel you're falling asleep, have an icecream, the cold entering your body will kick you up

Lower the temperature in your room just so that it's getting slightly uncomfortable.
Also, take a walk outside.

5 minute naps don't help at all

if you wanne have any gain of a nap, it has to be at least 20 minutes long (scientifically proven!)

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I've got an idea....

GET OFF THE BOARD AND STUDY!

HAHA, don't worry i'm getting things done, i'm just worried about what happens when tiredness sets in. Thanks for the tips by the way, especially the one about the ventiation. I open my window once in a while and it really helps :)

try Red-bull ;) ... anyone have tips for me waking up at 3am for the LFS race... I don't wanna miss it again

very very dark tea helps alot. just put a 3 tea bags in a cup of hot water and wait for like 10 15 mins till its super dark and drink it.

red bull is realllllyyy good too

jasonchiu said:
very very dark tea helps alot. just put a 3 tea bags in a cup of hot water and wait for like 10 15 mins till its super dark and drink it.

red bull is realllllyyy good too

why don't you just suck on the tea bag???

Hey Roland, let us know how it went....

yeah but if u suck on the tea bag the little leave bits will come out and ur mouth will be nasty :p