to fellow americans, anyone catch the debate?

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
i saw about an hour of it and i think Kerry looked good and responses were ok.

he still has no "plan" on getting all these so-called allies together only empty promises and
still flip-flops on certain things. Bush mentioned that far too much IMO during the debate but made strong points with his answers, especially in having leadership and concrete beliefs/plans on fighting terror etc.

after an hour "Dave Atell - Insomniac" was on and i watched that.

anyone see the debate? :wink:

anyone care? :?

I saw it just this morning, I saw parts of it. It's a whole lot of different then the Dutch debates, I liked the fact that there weren't any crowdyellingshitstuff.
I think Kerry's gonna win, I'd like to see him win just to look if he does it better.
But I don't think Kerry's gonna make the difference. Powerful people tend to be corrupt :?

But yes, I care..I'm gonna read some papers about it when I catch my train in half an hour (Oeh I'm such a loser :wink: )

I want to say that is was a tie, but Kerry still acted the way he always has. He contridicts himself and fails to lay our any specific plans. Overall in the election, I think that Bush will win by a convincing margin regardless of the outcome of the debates.

I want to say that is was a tie, but Kerry still acted the way he always has. He contridicts himself and fails to lay our any specific plans. Overall in the election, I think that Bush will win by a convincing margin regardless of the outcome of the debates.

i'd have to say there was no clear cut winner but a slight edge to Bush as Kerry managed to mention Nam...yet again. :roll:

Im also confident that Bush will be re-elected and think that the polls wont sway opinion much. Kerry has promises and a not so great 20 yr Senate record.

i think my pic on the far right sums up how Kerry did in the debate. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I really, really dont like Kerry. Now, I am pretty well educated in politics, economics, and what not.... so I know what I would want my president to believe in. What got me today was that he said that the Global Warming Treaty should be ratified. That makes me sick namely because it will never happen. The Kyoto Protocol which has been ratified by more than 80 nations in the United Nations is not going to be beated. Now, the US has not ratified the document, as of now. But it takes a long time to ratify a document. What the status of that process is, I dont know, but I wouldnt be surprised if the US ratifies the Kyoto Protocol within a year. Then Kerry talks about North Korea and says that he wants both bi-lateral and multi-lateral talks to occur which is just so wrong. That policy creates poor negotiation with China... and double that with North Korea. This policy was used in the Clinton campaign and didnt work. Why try it again and waste good relations with China? Additionally, Kerry criticized Bush for correcting the mistakes that he made in regards to Iraq and other terrorism related issues. But then he says that Bush needs to make adjustments and admit that sometimes he makes a mistake. I dont know Mr. Kerry, but it seems like you have just contridicted yourself.

I mean I could go on forever... but the point is that Kerry will not win. ABC News' poll said that Kerry won the debate, but Bush actually gained points in the overall election poll because of the debate. A friend of mine tells me all the time, "If Kerry is elected, the mountains around us will be in flames and our economy will decipate." Funny part is that it is true... :lol:

Well I wont get into who won what, not my country so you americans can choose whoever you want to run your country.
But I will say that the rules of the debate were slightly odd... every single question and answer was pre-planned and no follow up questions allowed?!?! now what kind of debate is that! and then they couldn't show that Bush is shorter than Kerry even though the guys have a height difference of about 20cm ...hmmm now who made those rules up I wonder

Re: to fellow americans, anyone catch the debate?

justin syder said:
i saw about an hour of it and i think Kerry looked good and responses were ok.

he still has no "plan" on getting all these so-called allies together only empty promises and
still flip-flops on certain things. Bush mentioned that far too much IMO during the debate but made strong points with his answers, especially in having leadership and concrete beliefs/plans on fighting terror etc.

after an hour "Dave Atell - Insomniac" was on and i watched that.

anyone see the debate? :wink:

anyone care? :?

I couldn't stop myself from laughing a bit reading the Subject: "to fellow americans" ... is it that you don't think "the rest of us" don't care about this matter, or that you don't think we get those sort of news, or because you think we don't have an oppinion? Or did you just not want us to reply this topic?

:roll:

I watched it, thought it was interresting.
Also enjoyed that both needed to keep themselves "in their skin" and not knock eachother, since they were standing right next to eachother ...

I say Kerry. Why? ---> Cuz he aint BUSH !!!!!!!!!
Here he is, trying to resemble a monkey as hard as he can:
1096625020414_585.jpg

haz

muumipeikko said:
every single question and answer was pre-planned and no follow up questions allowed?!?
Your information is incorrect.
The questions were 2 minutes each, responses were 90 seconds and responses to those were 1 minute (split in 30 seconds for each candidate).
The questions were not know by the candidates in advanced, so they were not pre-planned.
BTW, suppossedly, the camera's were not supposed to show one candidate's reaction while the other was speaking, but that rule wasn't followed I guess.

haz said:
Some real intelligent arguments there, buddy :lol: .

Personally, I think it was a draw, they both did really well.

ESPNSTI said:
Your information is incorrect.
The questions were 2 minutes each...

If this is the case then good really and I am happy to be wrong, because that's what a debate is supposed to be!

the information regarding the arrangements I got from the finnish main tv news so assumed they knew what they were talking about...

haz said:
Some real intelligent arguments there, buddy :lol: .

I'm actually quite serious. Bush aint no good, neither is Kerry, but Kerry is a bit better than Bush. So I say go Kerry, cuz he aint Bush. Hard to understand?

haz

I watched the majority of the debate last night. Although I'm far from a Bush supporter, I thought both Bush and Kerry did an outstanding job. They were both quite frank with their views - Bush stating outright that the best defense is a headstrong offence (sort of encapsulates all of his ideologies), and Kerry explaining his disagreements with the President. Kerry admitting that he had made mistakes in judgment was quite nice to hear as well. It's a rare thing to hear a politician say something like that.

It was also very nice to watch such a well organized and civil debate. You could tell there was a lot of tension in the room, but everything was explained thoroughly without a shouting match. It's a nice change from watching the Canadian debates - they're really quite pathetic in my opinion.

As I said earlier, I'm definitely not a Bush supporter, but I couldn't pick a winner.

every single question and answer was pre-planned and no follow up questions allowed?!?! now what kind of debate is that! and then they couldn't show that Bush is shorter than Kerry even though the guys have a height difference of about 20cm ...hmmm now who made those rules up I wonder

well this is why i wanted to keep it to a USA discussion as the foreigners have bought in their ignorance.

first off, the terms/arrangements/lights etc of the debate were decided by BOTH parties so it was a FAIR setup. the guy asking the questions made up those questions and BOTH sides did not have any knowledge of the questions. It would be a fair debate without prior knowledge of questions, the candidates had to answer based on their policies and plans on how to handle different situations.

secondly, saying "I want Kerry cause he isnt Bush" really is ignorance.

i would have had more respect if you mentioned atleast one policy that you favor over Bush's but of course you choose the low road. :roll:

that is why i wanted opinions of fellow americans becasue most foreigners dont get the WHOLE truth regarding certain things. You make opinions and comments about Bush mostly on his facial expressions or demeanor or speech and not policy or anything that isnt superficial. :wink:

For some reason, most foreign govts dont like Bush and they dont have a fair media getting the right info or news to its ppl so you form opinions on things cause your govt said so or news media has stated.

France isnt too happy with us and portrays Bush as a war monger and hates him. Well the reason is simple, France had military contracts with Saddam Hussein for weapons and such. since his removal france has lost moeny buy having Saddam removed. thats why they opposed his removal, not because it was wrong to remove him but because he gave france oil and money for their weapons.

Damn Justin cut the Bullshit!
the foreigners have bought in their ignorance.
Don't call me or Haz or anybody ignorant, just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we are retarded or something like that. :?

secondly, saying "I want Kerry cause he isnt Bush" really is ignorance.
So if he said "I want Bush cause he aint Kerry"...you wouldn't say a word would you?

that is why i wanted opinions of fellow americans becasue most foreigners dont get the WHOLE truth
Haha you make me laugh, only the Americans get the WHOLE truth ey?

You make opinions and comments about Bush mostly on his facial expressions or demeanor or speech and not policy or anything that isnt superficial.
Oh that's funny, news told me yesterday that most american people vote for Bush/Kerry because he looks good, doesn't sweat, doesn't stutter, etc etc..... :|

For some reason, most foreign govts dont like Bush
:roll:

Don't think you know everything...

each time a discussion occurs about bush and kerry, it's about the war on terrorism. isn't there much more to being a president than just that? ever heard about economics? they florished while clinton was president, collapsed when bush became president, same with social health care.

and i think we get more "thruth" than you ever will in america. i've seen it alot on forums like this, sth a big schandal comes through (ex, the pics of the US soldier posing with the nude iraqi), while it's known in europe for a while, it always takes some weeks before the americans got to know it

and the thing about france. what's up with israel and the US?

(PS. we banned american airplanes from our airfields during the iraqi combat, and i'm proud of it)

they florished while clinton was president, collapsed when bush became president, same with social health care.

the economy is growing steadily and Bush inherited a down economy, everyone forgets that Clinton had the economy booming until 1998. it declined after that but of course its easier to blame Bush, hes the bad guy.

also Sept 11 also had a effect on the economy. and yes other aspects are important but the main issue at hand is safety and foreign policy, what good is it to have a thriving ecnonmy if its vunerable to attack? it will not thrive much after contsant attacks.

and i think we get more "thruth" than you ever will in america. i've seen it alot on forums like this, sth a big schandal comes through (ex, the pics of the US soldier posing with the nude iraqi), while it's known in europe for a while, it always takes some weeks before the americans got to know it

trust me we knew it happened and we took care of it. most of the soldiers in the pics are in jail and the woman laughin it up and posing is gonna get 30yrs prison time.

bone said:
each time a discussion occurs about bush and kerry, it's about the war on terrorism. isn't there much more to being a president than just that? ever heard about economics?
This particular debate was about the war by design, there are two more debates, one on the economy, and another one on something else (I don't remember what).

bone said:
they florished while clinton was president, collapsed when bush became president, same with social health care.
Justin is right, the economy in the US took a nose dive before Bush became president, just as the economy took off before Clinton took office.
I believe that a president can't do all that much to boost an economy in the short term.
Most things that influence an economy in the short term are not under control of a president.
Oil prices is one of those things.

go kerry... i believe the debates favored kerry big time.. bush didnt make himself look all that good

MercedesAMG said:
go kerry... i believe the debates favored kerry big time.. bush didnt make himself look all that good
You might be looking at it through "Kerry" colored glasses.
That sort of thing happens if you are already supporting someone before you watch such a debate, you tend to only focus on the good of your man, and the bad of your oponent.
Most political analysts seemed to think it was a draw, and I agree with them.

Most political analysts seemed to think it was a draw, and I agree with them.

same here. both candidates did well in the debate, coming from a big G.W supporter. :wink: