to fellow americans, anyone catch the debate?

Well, Americans are hard to judge. When I find JC talking about americans, I find him talking about the Stereotype american. The one who votes republican everytime, drives around in a pickup, owns 65 different guns and lives in Texas. But the everyday american is real cool. I know a lot of americans, and from my point of view, they are nice, open, friendly peolpe who actually care about what the rest of the world think of them.

I hope I didnt go to serious in you Overheat :wink: Im turning 18 tomorrow so, yes, I've been drinking today. :lol:

That's very very soon...can you actually start driving a car before your 18th birthday? I had to wait till I became 18 and then I could start taking lessons... :(
Took me some months after that

Hi!

In Germany your allowed to take lessons and also do your final test before you're 18 but then you have to wait untill your 18 to drive legally.
E.g. I passed my test about 3 weeks before I turned 18 and just had to pick up my licence in the morning (of my birthday), it was very convenient and stress-free this way. :)

Overheat said:
(or 16 for 50cc - but who wants to ride a hairdryer :p)

Hey, I had a 50cc Yamaha Aerox which was very cool! :x :p

cya
Oli

Well, getting back on topic... :p
MPower said:
If there were all these publications out there, dont you think Kerry would mention them from time to time?
Kerry wouldn't mention most academic journals\writings because they are nearly as critical of his party and policies as they are of Bush. He couldn't really cite Noam Chomsky's harsh criticisms of Bush when Chomsky reluctantly said he was being forced into voting for Kerry even though he is "Bush-lite" and only a "fraction better" than Bush (if you don't know who Chomsky is, he is one of the most important political theorists working today, and I'd say one of the most brilliant people on the planet).

It's a pretty sick and twisted political situation America has found itself in - the thought of people being "forced" into voting for one candidate just because he isn't the other candidate completely subverts the whole bassis of democracy. One can only hope the next election isn't this disgusting. :? I'd be voting for Ralph Nader if I lived in the States.

It's a pretty sick and twisted political situation America has found itself in - the thought of people being "forced" into voting for one candidate just because he isn't the other candidate completely subverts the whole bassis of democracy. One can only hope the next election isn't this disgusting. I'd be voting for Ralph Nader if I lived in the States.

This is so because DEMOCRATS voted for kerry above 8 other candidates. :roll:

might I add that if they voted for him but NOW say or think he is slighty better than Bush then thats THEIR mistake and ignorance in voting for someone who switched to an ant-war position when he was trailing Howard Dean. :wink: