To H2 driving neighbors: Suck it!

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://sports.autoblog.com/2006/11/01/no-tanks-necessary-russian-luxury-personnel-carrier/

military-vehicle_12.jpg

Is the armored Mercedes-Benz S600 Guard not enough? How about a luxury tank?

This amphibious Russian combat reconnaissance/patrol vehicle was purchased by a Russian oligarch and retrofitted with a host of luxury equipment including a full leather interior with wood trim, plus night-vision, hi-fi stereo system, sat-nav and television with DVD player.

Being an amphibious vehicle, it can go in the water too, and has a periscope mounted to the roof to help the driver see where he's going and sonar to see what lies beneath. Get stuck on land? It's got extra wheels hidden underneath that can be deployed as needed. The thing weighs a few tons, and is powered by a 5.5-liter V8 diesel.

And here you thought the Hummer and G-wagon were the ultimate in luxury paramilitary vehicles. Park it next to your Aston Martin and you've got your own little James Bond flick goin' on.
military-vehicle-1_12.jpg

military-vehicle-2_12.jpg

Yes, I think this thing kicks ass. Yes, I want one.

please... it doesn't even have rims. :thumbsdown:

I dig the horizontal steering wheel, too. Like a bus.

I just noticed the make-shift "entrance assistance" to the right...sophisticated. :lol:
http://img506.imageshack.**/img506/9111/3952edbyv2.jpg

Assuming there is enough space and cooling for one.

That thing's got attitude and presence. 8)

i want one now...

take that parking meters...:tease:

All it needs now are some blinged out chrome wheels :barf:

It's not supposed to be pretty, Adunaphel. Personally I think it's less visually offensive than most the H2s I see on the road. Personally I would not have put on the bull-bar, but that's me. The big thing I like about this beast is that it actually has some capability under that tough skin. H2s are all show with nothing to support it.

All it needs now are some blinged out chrome wheels :barf:

Yeah, we just have to find some 50 inch chrome wheels and low profile tires.
(On second thought, that atrocity might already exist, I just hadn't seen it yet...)

Old!

Looks like a modified BRDM-2. The bull bar already makes it stupid, but the whole concept is kinda useless. A good armored car will protect you from bullets just as good, and against a modern Anti-Tank weapon its useless anyway.

Is this road legal? if so how much?

Looks like a modified BRDM-2. The bull bar already makes it stupid, but the whole concept is kinda useless. A good armored car will protect you from bullets just as good, and against a modern Anti-Tank weapon its useless anyway.

Yes, it's a BRDM-2, but this does have some things a regular hardened car doesn't. The first thing it has is presence, there are times when you want to be seen. This is also amphibious, another trick modified cars can't do. It has greater off road capability and will be able to push through or over obstacles more easily than a regular armored car.

And it's totally unique and pretty cool (except for the stupid chrome bull bar).

I would love to drive it to San Francisco and drive it into the bay so I can tie up at the public docks when all the parking spaces are taken.

If you want to bling out a tank it better be this:

download_upndownfile.asp

You can get this road legal! (Atleast the previous model)

the headlamps remind me of that lambo suv chop....