Today I Learnt...

Mix flour and baking powder yourself?
Use yeast?

Those two or sourdough. I‘ve never even noticed self-rising flour in German stores and whenever I use a recipe from abroad that calls for it, I have to look up the amount of baking powder needed.

Easier when the neighbour delivers a freshly baked loaf and some homemade jam

Those two or sourdough. I‘ve never even noticed self-rising flour in German stores and whenever I use a recipe from abroad that calls for it, I have to look up the amount of baking powder needed.

Heute learne ich that Germany has self rising flower… ever heard of it before.

What is so weird to me outside of typical Illinois corruption is this snippet: Although Powell's government salary was never more than $30,000 a year, shoeboxes, briefcases and strongboxes with over $750,000 in cash were found in his hotel suite residence at the St. Nicholas Hotel in Springfield, Illinois within days of his death Another $50,000 was found in his office. In his hotel room he also had 49 cases of whiskey, 14 transistor radios, and two cases of creamed corn.

If someone wants to send $800K and 49 cases of the good stuff my way, please do.

a new word: “Floorgasm”

It’s what you experience when you listen to or watch, particularly the first time, Floor Jansen performing with Nightwish.

TIL, by listening to their 2019 live album, that Nightwish with Floor Jansen singing are far less impressive than @eizbaer (and others) make it out to be.
She's good, but Tarja was in another league. The old songs are just a sad shadow of their true selves without Tarja's voice.
Perhaps their new material fits the current singer better. I will try a studio album.

Turkey barns are everywhere in my area (as noted in the map). The worst part is the smell. The smell of ammonia from them will almost knock you out of the wind is in the right direction when you pass them. But the worst part is when the litter from them is spread on the fields for fertilizer. I can get sick from it if it's close enough to our house or the racetrack.

Cow fertilizing on the fields in Illinois during the spring and fall is pretty bad, but I can get over it. What you describe sounds so much worse. Hell, I'd even drive past the big cow farms in California before experiencing that.

Alfalfa smells bad i remember driving though areas planning that driving to Watkins Glen. Also grape pie is not my kinda pie, I like grapes, I like pie... Nope.

I could live downwind from a dairy farm or steer/cattle ranch without too much discomfort. Chicken and turkey farms, though? Right up there with pig farms.