Today I Learnt...

Today I learned that this thread is here and hopefully I'll have something of value to add tomorrow.

Today I learned that "today I learnt" is proper English no matter how wrong it sounds or what Firefox spellcheck thinks of it.

FTFY :p

Today I learnt that no matter how much time you have spent setting up different versions of a software package you should never expect the new version one to work without problems. :roll:

Straight from reddit

TIL that Salvador Dali used to avoid paying at restaurants by drawing on checks. He knew that the owner would never want to cash such a valuable piece of art.

Today I learnt that a group of squids is called a shoal.

Today I learnt that getting a haircut while hungover and with a headache is not the perfect way to start your Saturday.

Today (well yesterday actually) I learned that Tesco in the UK sells bags of genuine, imported mini Stroppwaffels! :D

...what aisle. Tell me. Now.

It was in a Tesco Express in Brighton near the biscuits and baked goods.

With luck we can make them the munchies of choice for Ukanian undergraduate stoners!!!

I will be going to the local Tesco Express very soon then :w00t: :lol:

Bear in mind the UK supermarkets stock their shelves according to local demand. With such a diverse and wide-ranging sub-culture such as pervades Brighton the weird and the wonderful* is pretty easy to find. You may not be so lucky in the West Midlands.

*No prizes for guessing which one i am! :D

I don't need to guess :lol: But yeah good point that the West Midlands is less than...interesting. :(

Bear in mind the UK supermarkets stock their shelves according to local demand. With such a diverse and wide-ranging sub-culture such as pervades Brighton the weird and the wonderful* is pretty easy to find. You may not be so lucky in the West Midlands.

*No prizes for guessing which one i am! :D

You can get exotic stuff in supermarkets up here, like carrots, tinned tomatoes and pre-sliced bread. :D

My local supermarket has a section that is completely devoted to stuff from Ukania...

Re: Today I Learnt...

My local supermarket has a section that is completely devoted to stuff from Ukania...

Same, ditto italy, and a lot of other countries.

It was weird seeing Heinz products that werent ketchup, along with other food I've only heard of here on FG (jaffa cakes anyone?), on TG and watching sitcoms.

This weekend I learnt so many things about myself that I don't even know where to begin.

Today I learnt that no matter how much time you have spent setting up different versions of a software package you should never expect the new version one to work without problems. :roll:

Welcome to my job :)

Ah yeah I forgot you guys don't get Jaffa Cakes. They're like tasty but awesomely so.

We do get them, but they can be a bit difficult to find over here. These are an acceptable substitute, if you can't find the real thing.

I love Jaffa cakes. They're my go-to snack whenever I have a Spaced marathon. (No Twiglets, though - Twiglets make me violent.)