Today I Learnt...

Welcome to my job :)

Mine too, the software updates aren't usually this cruel to me though. :lol:

Today I learnt... how to use a lathe!

I don't need to guess :lol: But yeah good point that the West Midlands is less than...interesting. :(

That's one way of putting it :lol:

They sell Stroopwafels in ASDA too! I can't believe other people share the excitement that me and my friends did when we found out you can get them over here :lol: ..God I miss Amsterdam :(

That's one way of putting it :lol:

They sell Stroopwafels in ASDA too! I can't believe other people share the excitement that me and my friends did when we found out you can get them over here :lol: ..God I miss Amsterdam :(

Why? You can get ganja, canals and ladies of less than virtuous repute in the West Midlands. You may struggle for tulips and a decent cup of coffee but......

Why? You can get ganja, canals and ladies of less than virtuous repute in the West Midlands. You may struggle for tulips and a decent cup of coffee but......

There's nothing quite like wandering around Vondel park whilst tripping balls and laughing tearfully at pictures of mountains. :(

Well you can, but its all in Coventry. And I don't want to go to Coventry because bad things happen there.

*reads url* guardian.co.uk/education/...cut-off-penis

DO NOT WANT.

Today I learned how to align the IRS on a Airbus A330-200, and how to force it in "alternate law 2" to do a barrel-roll :cool:

That would be a handy skill...man...if I had a nickel...

:)

Yesterday I learnt that my car can also be used as a boat!

Not every hospital has a coffee shop. :mad:

The sleep-inducing qualities of the Puffalumps are universal.

Mom's town ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING PROACTIVE. Holy crap! (They tore down THE EYESORE house before it caved in on itself...entirely.)

Last edited:
I learned that my body can handle four shots of espresso, but they do turn me into an extroverted Eeyore.

TIL that Cobol74 has difficulty spelling the word "bhaji".

In other news, I found out that my great-grandfather worked for the Ford Motor Company as a mechanic in Detroit, Michigan in the 1910's.

I learned that certain racial stereotypes are still very much alive, kicking and based in reality.

Last edited: