Today I Learnt...

93Flareside;n3548652 said:
There is also now a game called Rolling Line that lets you build a MODEL TRAIN LAYOUT. You also get the option to 'explore' the towns built with the option to use VR. The comments on the reddit thread is pathetic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/modeltrains..._is_out_today/

We really are heading to this future.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/c\/ct\/ctn91\/2018\/04\/28\/TheGreatestGift.jpg"}[/IMG2]

That sounds fun. What comments are pathetic?

Today I learned that both original 90s Addams Family movies were nominated for Academy Awards.

Damn good movies. Raul Julia left us to soon.

From the original movie.

This is from Addams Family Values.

Last edited:
Damn good movies. Raul Julia left us to soon.

I agree with the entirety of this statement. He knew it too, which is why he took the role as Gomez and as M. Bison in the Critically acclaimed and Universally beloved Street Fighter movie.

Well, at least I like it.

i've never seen any of them :unsure:

What scarface said, just don't go beyond the first two - after that they went downhill faster than a jet powered avalanche.

Theres supposedly a new film that supposed to come out this year. Is it wrong to be hopefully optimistic? It has been over 20 years since that 1998 trainwreck. Though I do agree that no matter who they get to play Gomez, it won't hold a candle to Raul Julia. Maybe that's why its going to be animated.

Oscar Isaac aka Star Wars' Poe Dameron will be voicing Gomez according to IMDB.

Oscar Isaac aka Star Wars' Poe Dameron will be voicing Gomez according to IMDB.

Oh I do hope he hams it up.

TIL that a baby woodpecker is called a yaffle.

Which explains this...

10cb6fb0abaeff921179a777a0b159ed24ec78a7.jpg

Does it, though? Just raises more questions for me? One of them being: WTF am I looking at?

first question for me: what did the woodpecker do to have it's babies named anything but chick?
afaik all other babybirds are called chicks?

and i also don't know what i'm looking at?
looks a bit like de fabeltjeskrant, but i would be surprised if that's it

first question for me: what did the woodpecker do to have it's babies named anything but chick?
afaik all other babybirds are called chicks?

Not quite. While "chick" can be a generic term, some branches of the tree also have individual names. Like how a dog and a fox are both "pups", but a fox is sometimes also a "kit" and "cub".

A baby goose is a gosling. A duck is a duckling. An owl is an owlet or a fledgling. A swan is a cygnet. Hawks are something strange I can never remember...

Last edited:
ha, that explains the aston martin cygnet! :D
the ugly duckling! :D