Today I Learnt...

Today I learned the origin of the term 'Blue Monday'. Simplified, it's the third Monday in January.

Coincidentally, I posted an Instagram story containing an eponymous song by New Order on this year's third Monday in January, without knowing it was Blue Monday.

Today I learned the origin of the term 'Blue Monday'. Simplified, it's the third Monday in January.
less simplified:
- weather is cold and wet, sun goes down way to early
- it's been 3 weeks since new year, and all newyear resolutions have failed by now
- and it's still sooooo long before summer arrives

blue monday is said to be the most depressing day of the year...

Last edited:
Dan Dierdorf Fake Vomit was a 'joke' product in the nineties.

Sold with the tag line: Trick your friends into believing the legendary lineman was at your house and been sick.

Mentioned on Conan O’Brien needs a Friend Podcast with Adam MacKay. (@30m30s)

I have seen pics of these before, but never knew the details.

I have seen pics of these before, but never knew the details.

And here I thought was a company by George Lucas, neat but if info!

80 pounds of explosive is maybe a tad too much for gender reveal parties ???????

Saw an amusing meme after the last gender reveal mishap: "Gender reveal parties have killed more people than 'ANTIFA'"

Less of a TIL, more of a Today I Realised.

I've always gone with the Catchphrase 'uh-oh' noise if I'm telling someone something is wrong and it always annoyed me with David Freiburger said 'Ruh-roh' instead, it felt like he was getting it wrong. I only realised today that it's a Scooby-doo reference 'Ruh-roh, Raggy' and now I like it a lot more. I've never been a massive Scoob follower so completely missed it.

Less of a TIL, more of a Today I Realised.

I've always gone with the Catchphrase 'uh-oh' noise if I'm telling someone something is wrong and it always annoyed me with David Freiburger said 'Ruh-roh' instead, it felt like he was getting it wrong. I only realised today that it's a Scooby-doo reference 'Ruh-roh, Raggy' and now I like it a lot more. I've never been a massive Scoob follower so completely missed it.

It must be a cultural thing. :D

It was like the first time I heard him say "You picking up what I'm putting down?" I knew what he meant, but it caught me off guard in a way like "oh wait, what? Oh yeah!" sort of thing.

Last weekend actually, this just came back into my mind again.

My dad as a kid with his friends would steal hood ornaments and those trunk key covers off of cars and trade with friends or kids in school. Apparently it was a big thing on his area.

Someone snapped the star hood ornament off our 1968 Mercedes on a family day out at a themepark when I was a little kid. I was very upset about it, not only that they'd broken it and damaged our car, but that the day at the theme park was because I'd been begging and begging my parents to go for months.

Last weekend actually, this just came back into my mind again.

My dad as a kid with his friends would steal hood ornaments and those trunk key covers off of cars and trade with friends or kids in school. Apparently it was a big thing on his area.

I want the hood ornament back from my 79 Toronado!

Just for fun, I had a look around the map of Almere, Netherlands today. I learnt what happens when you build an entire new town since the 1970s and let the planners go rampant with theme naming of streets in the different quarters of the city. :D

Can be declared dead when your alive:

‘They said I don’t exist. But I am here’ – one woman’s battle to prove she isn’t dead​

Five years ago, Jeanne Pouchain was declared dead by a French court. It was news to her – and just the beginning of a Kafkaesque nightmare