Today I Learnt...

TIL that the boot lid of a Dacia Logan is a perfectly fine coffee table.

D85D7ABA-D426-43E2-8BB2-CE7839087C52.jpeg

It’s got four wheels on the ground, one in front of me and enough space for the spousal unit, myself and luggage for two weeks. The a/c works and it gets us where we’re going.

Also, its brakes are good enough to keep it from crashing head-on into idiots overtaking Borat buggies in places where they really shouldn’t. And it can be fun at speeds that leave you enough time to react to a Borat buggy on your own side of the road. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

I learned why I always roasted in that building I worked in with the steam heat.

I learned why I always roasted in that building I worked in with the steam heat.

Interesting. We had radiators in elementary school, always had to crack those windows or it was unbearable. Well, in the main building. The prefab buildings were always cold, smelled weird and creaked.

Interesting. We had radiators in elementary school, always had to crack those windows or it was unbearable. Well, in the main building. The prefab buildings were always cold, smelled weird and creaked.

I had radiators all the way through high school.

The building I worked in was terrible. The break room was always about 90°F. Our office fluctuated between 70 and 90. The main building entrance would get opened up if there wasn't a steady stream of people coming and going. They also seemed to turn on the heat about a month to soon and let it run about a month to long.

I’ve found out what it’s like waking up on a train after the stop where you needed to get off it. Didn’t have any problems because of it and I didn’t even lose any time, but the feeling is very strange indeed. o_O

I’ve found out what it’s like waking up on a train after the stop where you needed to get off it. Didn’t have any problems because of it and I didn’t even lose any time, but the feeling is very strange indeed. o_O
You still need to experience the feeling of being on a train that had stopped at your destination but without the door opening, that is now starting to leave your station without you getting off because the speaker in your section doesn't work so you didn't hear the announcement saying that the door you were standing at wasn't going to open. I've never been so angry.

Over the years, my dad has spent the past 25 of them taking the train to work and there's always a few times a year where he sleeps through his stop and ends up 2 towns away, which is about an hours drive. It's funny, and it happens. :)

Welp, time to finally get off my butt and learn more than just food words, Porsche parts and swear words in German. TIL Germans on average work the fewest hours per person in the world.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 8.17.30 PM.png

(via
)

I used to fly stunt kites on a ghost town.

I never had any idea it was there. I did see some lumber near the beach, but I thought it was from a shipwreck. Either is possible.

A-few-days-ago-IL tiny Ritter Sports open from the middle like the big ones.