Today I Learnt...

Also grape pie is not my kinda pie, I like grapes, I like pie... Nope.

Was it prepared like a typical chunky fruit pie, or was it more like a key lime pie, but purple?

I've never had the former, but my family has a recipe for the latter with grapejuice, melted ice cream, and gelatin that's allowed to set for the filling. I've loved it since I was a kid, but I'm sure it's an aquired taste.

FB_IMG_1669753081589.jpg

I could live downwind from a dairy farm or steer/cattle ranch without too much discomfort. Chicken and turkey farms, though? Right up there with pig farms.

I have lived a few miles from a pig farm, and when the wind was just right, we went to the movies.

Last edited:
I learned that Jeep made an electric version of the Dj.-5 (mail Jeep.) in 1974.

Petrol lawnmower, rotated 90 degrees can be used as a hedge trimmer :eek: (Crazy neighbour)

... that there is a YouTube channel that deals exclusively in videos of the Beirut harbour explosion, called "Beirut Explosion Angles".

Well, looking at my video history it was a month ago already, but still.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91tvp0b1fY
One of those things one doesn't really think about until the subject is brought up. I do have a suitable accident from my childhood as well, which does fit with that kind of head trauma.

Have you ever had cold champagne and Taco Bell?
No, never had Taco Bell.

Seen an episode of Remarkable Places to Eat, set in Vienna, where a street stall was selling kasekrainer, rye bread and gerkins, with optional champagne!
cap_Remarkable.Places.to.Eat.S02E02.720p.WEBRip.X264-iPlayerTV_00_56_07_01.jpg

Last edited:
Have you ever had cold champagne and Taco Bell?
In Dave Grohl's memoir, he talks about the band's discovery of the combination of champagne and KFC while touring, and after that, they included it in their post-show request list.