Ton of GT4 screenshots

Though it was a fun game none the less. I loved the fact that you had real cars!

The first game I really appreciated was GTA 1...OH you can actually steal EVERY car?!?!?!??!?! WHOOHOOO I was in heaven when I got to play that at a friends house... :D

Back on Topic :wink:

swek said:
Never seen antialiasing in a PS2 game before.
Um, so you've never played a PS2 game before then? Anti-aliasing is standard in most PS2 games - the system itself has native hardware support for anti-aliasing.

As for the new PSTwo, it is a great new design if you aren't concerned about hard-drive support and its benefits. Here is a picture of a PSTwo courtesy of IGN:
checking-out-the-pstwo-20041015062406941.jpg

I'm not sure if that picture is supposed to re-inforce how ridiculously large the XBOX is or how small the PSTwo is. :p The PSTwo has a built in network adapter, and has a flip up top-load for discs, similar to the PSOne.

At Walmarts in Canada they are having a clearance sale on the old chasis PS2s for around $150 Canadian. The new chasis will cost $179.99 Canadian apparently. At that price I don't know why everyone doesn't own one!

zenon said:
swek said:
Never seen antialiasing in a PS2 game before.
Um, so you've never played a PS2 game before then? Anti-aliasing is standard in most PS2 games - the system itself has native hardware support for anti-aliasing.

I didn't knew that. Is it enabled all the time or is it used only in certain moments ?

It's just where normally a game will have jagged edges (see getaway shot above), the computer smooths them out. Takes shedloads of processor power to do well.

swek said:
I didn't knew that. Is it enabled all the time or is it used only in certain moments ?
Ya, it's one of the many hardware features of the PS2. It's always on, but the games have to be written to take advantage of it.

Also, if you are playing a PS1 game on your PS2, if you look through the boot menus before the game starts, there is an option to enable anti-aliasing on PS1 games. I noticed a bit of a quality difference in Gran Turismo 2, but you have to look quite closely to see a difference. In some games you can't really notice a difference at all.

zenon said:
Also, if you are playing a PS1 game on your PS2, if you look through the boot menus before the game starts, there is an option to enable anti-aliasing on PS1 games. I noticed a bit of a quality difference in Gran Turismo 2, but you have to look quite closely to see a difference. In some games you can't really notice a difference at all.

No need for that. I've got the bleemcast! GT2 edition for Dreamcast. That's what i call a nerd toy :lol:

Overheat said:
Shame Dreamcast is completely obsolete otherwise :p
:evil: The Dreamcast is an amazing console - I play it just as much as my PS2. I don't really believe in consoles being "obsolete" though - I still play my NES and SNES on a regular basis. :D The Dreamcast has the best selection of 2D fighters out of any console ever made. Just ten minutes ago I was playing my imported copy of Guilty Gear X on my Dreamcast.

Long live the Dreamcast! :lol:

I picked up my Dreamcast for CAD$80 at Toys'Rus just when it was discontinued :lol:

Soul Calibur, ESPN NBA, Ikuraga were all brilliant games. Ikuraga in particular is still the best looking shooter I have encountered up to this point.

^ I managed to find my Dreamcast for $30 at EB just last year. Dreamcasts are nearly impossible to find these days, but I happended to call the EB just a few days after someone had traded in an old one. You can find Dreamcasts on eBay easily, but I figured since I was buying used electronic equipment it would be best to see it in person first. I managed to pick up an NES for $30 and a Dreamcast for $30 within two weeks of each other - I was pretty damn happy that month! :D

My most recent Dreamcast related find was amazing though - Toys 'R Us in the States was having a clearance sale and I managed to pick up three brand new controllers and three brand new memory cards for less than $2 US a piece. It's practically impossible to find used Dreamcast controllers for less than $15 Canadian. :mrgreen:

I completey agree with you on the brilliance of Dreamcast games. Soul Calibur for Dreamcast looks nearly as good as Soul Calibur II on PS2 - the only real difference is that the backgrounds look slightly better on the PS2. I haven't tried Ikuraga but I think I'll have to download... I mean buy.... that game. :p
I love the fact that the Dreamcast has no piracy protection!

You guys make me regret selling Skies of Arcadia and Headhunter during a shortness of money. The only game i play on it from time to time is House of the Dead 2. Bought it in a the bundle with the Sega Lightgun. Nothing better than to blast a few Zombies after a stressful day :twisted:
Still have have the Saturn though. Copped it of Ebay for 30 Euros a few jears ago. It came with Virtua Fighter 2, Sega Rally, Clockwork Knights and two controllers. It's a nice feeling to own a bit of Videogame history.

I'm a nintendo man mainly, I have a gamecube, N64 and a snes and I play them all when I can, though not at all at the moment as I have left them at home whilst I am at uni.

nice smallprint ;)

perhaps it's just over where I am then. Dreamcast died really rather quickly over here. As seems to be the way with the first release of the next gen of consoles.

eg.
32bit - Sega CD (or Amiga 32 - can't remember)
64bit - Atari Jaguar
128bit - Sega Dreamcast
256bit - ???

Actually that list is probably completely inaccurate, but I do remember compiling such a list and it seemed to correlate.

Overheat said:
perhaps it's just over where I am then. Dreamcast died really rather quickly over here. As seems to be the way with the first release of the next gen of consoles.
The Dreamcast died quickly everywhere but Japan, mostly because of the price, but also because of a semi-large anti-Sega backlash. It's really a shame though, it's one of my favourite consoles.

They barely tried to create games that the mass North American market would enjoy which is what I like most about the console. You can find tonnes of quarky 2D fighters and puzzle games that sold horribly in North America but are amazing games.

All this talking about Dreamcast makes me want to go play some Powerstone 2. :p

I own a NES that I've owned since the late 80's. Floorpad, gun, duckhunt, Mario 1 & 3, etc. etc. Good times. 8)

^ Hang on to that floorpad! Those things are extremely hard to find (working atleast) and will probably be worth quite a bit in the future. :D

zenon said:
^ Hang on to that floorpad! Those things are extremely hard to find (working atleast) and will probably be worth quite a bit in the future. :D

:lol: I am completely stunned at how much you are into the whole console thing.....wow. You really are in the right career........if you get rich making games, PayPal me a few bucks, would ya?

P.S. - can I be a beta tester too? :D 8)