No 56k: Top 25 Members' Cars/Motorcycles of Final Gear 2013 - Voting

Jupix

Voting is now underway!

Initially, we have 42 vehicles for you to choose from.

URL: http://jupix.info/fgcar2013/
(seriously, no 56k)

Like before, you need a "ballot" code in order to vote.

THOSE WHO VOTED LAST YEAR - you can re-use your old code

OTHERS - pm me for a code

Instructions:
  • Select 10 cars for 4 points, 10 cars for 2 points and 5 cars for 1 point.
  • You can also vote for just one car, at any point value, or any number in between.
  • You cannot give multiple votes for one car.
  • You need 150 posts to vote.

Round 1 voting ends on Sat, December 14th @ 21:00 GMT+2.

Round 2 will begin after that and the same instructions apply. I will post in the thread when round 2 is kicked off.

I know its a bit late to bring this up, but isn't the point of this to choose the best cars that were acquired within the last year or belong to members that joined within the last year? I mean (no offence to you guys) Nabster has had his Mustang for ages as has Matt his Discovery (and others too). I mean, if magazines followed this format the Ford GT and E39 M5 would win CotY year after year.

A bunch of this years nominations won last year: http://forums.finalgear.com/general...motorcycles-of-final-gear-2012-results-53627/

I think I'm going to limit my votes only to those cars that are new to FG for 2013.

EDIT: Wait? I have to vote for all the cars?

Last edited:
^ There's holes though, for example I got my car on the 1st of July 2012, but the winner was announced by June 2012, so I never even got a nomination in. So despite having the car in 2012, 2013 is my first entry.

Yeah thats fair. I more meant cars that are new since the last time we did this. Or cars that are sufficiently different (i.e. if someone did an engine swap or turned a DD into a stripped track car or something).

Last edited:
Just vote with whatever criteria you think are the best :)

I'm trying to factor in also the threads that I've enjoyed reading. And that means that last year's top cars are probably not getting full points from me.

Or maybe they are, I already forgot how I voted in the 1st round...

I know its a bit late to bring this up, but isn't the point of this to choose the best cars that were acquired within the last year or belong to members that joined within the last year? I mean (no offence to you guys) Nabster has had his Mustang for ages as has Matt his Discovery (and others too). I mean, if magazines followed this format the Ford GT and E39 M5 would win CotY year after year.

A bunch of this years nominations won last year: http://forums.finalgear.com/general...motorcycles-of-final-gear-2012-results-53627/

I think I'm going to limit my votes only to those cars that are new to FG for 2013.

I'd rather have too few rules than too many. I'm hoping that people's votes will determine whether a 2013 acquisition should win or something older.

Call it a "protest" for recent purchases if none wins.

And then there's Andeh's point, it's been 1,5 years since the last vote since the timing of this thing got changed around. So late 2012 cars would never get to appear.

EDIT: Wait? I have to vote for all the cars?

Choose a max of 10, 10 or 5 in each column. Never more than 1 checkbox on each row.

I'd rather have too few rules than too many. I'm hoping that people's votes will determine whether a 2013 acquisition should win or something older.

Call it a "protest" for recent purchases if none wins.

And then there's Andeh's point, it's been 1,5 years since the last vote since the timing of this thing got changed around. So late 2012 cars would never get to appear.

Too many rules is bad, but I'm still of the opinion that next time it should be "Top 10 cars to join the forums since last time we did this" since 25 would probably be too many for a single year.

Choose a max of 10, 10 or 5 in each column. Never more than 1 checkbox on each row.

Yeah, at first glance I thought there were only 25 cars.

Whoops, I didn't read the rules, and now I've been labeled a cheater. :lol:

He can probably see everything.

EEeeevveeeryyyytthiiiingggg.

Jupix dude, do you want a post to say when we have voted, or can you see from the website anyway?

:?

EDIT: I have voted!

Full disclosure: the admin panel allows me to view which codes have been used, the running scores and even votes if I find that necessary.

But keeping the thread bumped up for the duration of the voting won't hurt :)