Top Chef (and other food shows on TV)

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Anybody who follows it? A friend recommended TC to me a couple of months ago and I got hooked instantly. Watched season 3, 4 and 5 just within a few weeks.

Go Kevin! :cool:

There have been so many food shows with top chefs here recently, that I've gotten rather tired of it.

Yup, there must be at least a dozen shows of that kind on TV here. With or without competition, professionals against hobby cooks, timed duels, with or without a jury, with and without celebrities, etc.

The only food show I can really get into is Good Eats. Alton Brown is the coolest.

Amen! I loved the live 10th Anniversary special that was on last week.

I saw! I was such an idiot and didn't go. I just couldn't rationalize spending the money since I'd have probably had to buy my friend a ticket as well (or go alone).

I just can't get into these cooking judgment shows. The sheer pompous arrogance of the judges is such a turnoff. There's this one guy on Iron Chef that I just want to slap and a lady on Chopped that's even worse.

I love Top Chef. and that lady with the scar on her arm is friggin hot

I love Top Chef. and that lady with the scar on her arm is friggin hot
"....by the makers of the Gladware family of....."

jizzinmypants.jpg

It's 20x better than Hell's Kitchen which is 95% shouting and 5% cooking.

I don't even consider Hell's Kitchen a cooking show. It's Gordon Takes His Shirt Off and Yells at People, aka 100% scripted drama. Most so called cooking shows have little to nothing to do with food. I love Ace of Cakes but it's a 30 minute sitcom! The cake is merely a supporting cast member. Just because there's food involved doesn't make it cooking ya know.

It's 20x better than Hell's Kitchen which is 95% shouting and 5% cooking.
Hang on, what triggered this reaction? Cause I can't see myself claiming anywhere that either Hell's Kitchen rulesoknpsupreme or Top Chef is supergay.

So speaking of food shows, does anyone know if there's actually a prize for Iron Chef other than pride? I've always wondered.