Top Garden Ground Gear Force [March 14th, 2008]

Top Garden Ground Gear Force [March 14th, 2008]

• Total voters
Point on the "Poles" - lots turned up when Poland joined the EU for some reason, and started working very hard, for reasonable money, and doing some of the crap jobs Brits were reluctant to take.

Show - OK for one of the charity efforts but I preferred last years band to be honest. Still 7 / 10 (loved the Jet Rotisserie).

Anyone else notice Andy Willman as one of the Pols? :lol:

I mean, it really did seem scripted, but sometimes you just have to say "Do I really give a flying fuck anymore?". Just watch it and have a good time. Sometimes I did just think "Oh my", but as whole, I still managed to enjoy it.

Oh, and I think we need a picture of a screaming child with the caption "Oh my god, it's SCRIPTED!" It'd come in handy around here.

i dont care if it was scripted it was soo funny !

I for one am really fed up with the direction Top Garden Ground Gear Force is going. This is bullsh*t! I have to spend MY valuable time downloading FREE torrents to only be disappointed! Why, they should pay ME $20 just for the privilege of my all too important criticisms.

For one, they used to test sheds, not just erect them and nail them together shouting "powwwerrrr!" Remember when Clarkson did that full review in season 6 of the La-shed-i? Speaking of season 6, why can't all episodes of TGGGF be like how it was from season 6?

This show has gone completely downhill, gardening at it's worst. I think I'll just start watching the OTHER gardening show, Fifth Flower. I know Tiff Pine Needel wouldn't do all this cocking about...they test REAL sheds that REAL people use everyday, not some super exotic sheds you'll never see in real life.

I want season 6 back.

:lol: ^

I agree, some people are reading waaaay too much in to this. Showing a direction the show is going in? Honestly, of course it isn't!

Yawn, more top gear boredom, throw in Jeremy whining for 8 minutes about a car and you have the last 2 seasons of top gear.

0/10 didnt even crack a smile.

Reactions: TC
Was funny for the first 2 minutes or so. Jet engine was funny. The rest was totally scripted and felt very forced. Didn't enjoy it much. 2/10

That was the most predictable show I've ever seen, 3/10.

Somewhat funny, but felt very forced. 5/10, but only because the jet rotisserie was awesome and somehow bits of chickens flying everywhere is inexplicably hilarious.

The only thing that bothers me about these horribly scripted segments is that I always wonder what would have happened if they did it for real.

What would that backyard look like if "the boys" really had to make-it-over in 1 day? I guess we'll never know. What a waste.

I think in the future there should be a 1-5 or even 1-4 scale, 1/10 is too divided to really see much of a trend.

I think in the future there should be a 1-5 or even 1-4 scale, 1/10 is too divided to really see much of a trend.

I agree, 1-10 is a bit too much.

The only thing that bothers me about these horribly scripted segments is that I always wonder what would have happened if they did it for real.

What would that backyard look like if "the boys" really had to make-it-over in 1 day? I guess we'll never know. What a waste.

well thats the gamble really

you can script things so that you know something is going to happen.... or you can turn up on the day and wing it banking on the statistics of something funny happening.

if they'd of done that and ended up with what would be classed as a typical day in the garden it wouldnt of made it off the camera tapes. conversely it could of ended in utter hilarity, but you know, you'd be banking on chance.

im sure you're aware of sod's law, its a pretty good law to use to explain this. they could of turned up, and winged it and given that those 3 get on well and are generally quite entertaining together you'd be forgiven for expecting good things to come from it.

but when you have just one chance to film something like this and you need funny's to happen, its sods law that the funny's just wont come and you'll have hours of tedious footage of 3 men wandering around in a garden.

besides this was a spoof of a well known and much loved British tv programme.... spoof's are supposed to be over top.... have you not seen airplane?

(such a good movie, granted its so rediculous you just cant predict whats going happen next, hence why its so LOL funny.... this TGGF didnt really have that same level, it was kinda stuck in no mans land. they had to script it to be sure of the comedy moments, but those comedy moments lacked some imagination)

Do you remember when James, Richard, and Jeremy built that Caterham kitcar? They managed to make it a funny segment, while not being too overly scripted. It's okay if they write out their dialog/reviews/narration ahead of time. Or even play jokes on eachother or purposely try and piss eachother off. But you don't have to script and stage every minute of footage just to make sure you get a laugh or two. That much predictability can ruin the humor in anything, which is what happened in this episode quite a few times.

The only thing that seemed vaguely real, was James' reaction/anger towards Jeremy about his shed. But even then, James must just be a great actor.

besides this was a spoof of a well known and much loved British tv programme.... spoof's are supposed to be over top.... have you not seen airplane?
I know, but having the boys of TopGear redo your yard should be spoof enough. Instead they tried to make it seem real, not telling whatshisname about the project, etc. and then scripting the whole segment.

Last edited:
/me feels sorry for the chickens...

urgh, me too. I am not a vegetarian but looking at pieces of meat really turns my stomach :lol: Contradiction, much?

I am glad I downloaded it, I did get some laughs and that was the point. It wasn't the best thing that I have seen them do, but it wasn't a complete pile of crap either.

And I just loved the part where Jez picked up Richard...but I am rather filthy.

I for one am really fed up with the direction Top Garden Ground Gear Force is going. This is bullsh*t! I have to spend MY valuable time downloading FREE torrents to only be disappointed! Why, they should pay ME $20 just for the privilege of my all too important criticisms.

For one, they used to test sheds, not just erect them and nail them together shouting "powwwerrrr!" Remember when Clarkson did that full review in season 6 of the La-shed-i? Speaking of season 6, why can't all episodes of TGGGF be like how it was from season 6?

This show has gone completely downhill, gardening at it's worst. I think I'll just start watching the OTHER gardening show, Fifth Flower. I know Tiff Pine Needel wouldn't do all this cocking about...they test REAL sheds that REAL people use everyday, not some super exotic sheds you'll never see in real life.

I want season 6 back.

I want your babies. :lol:

I think it was scripted too. But when you think about it, it takes alot of talent to make something so fake into something that can be so halarious. Most people would be thinking, "Oh God, thats so scripted", and it takes away from the funnyness but they actually made me laugh even though it was so heavily scripted. Brilliant stuff TGGF!