Top Gear - [10x04] Ratings

ViperVX

Top Gear was up this week with 6.3 million and 24% share.

It shared its timeslot with:

Antiques Roadshow 5.4 million /21% (about 8% down)
Wife Swap 1.7 million /6% (10% down)
ITV1's drama "The Royal" 6.8 million /27% (5% up)

Top Gear took 2nd place in 8pm timeslot, losing only 0.5 to The Royal. More interesting, TG attracted almost 0,15% less viewers, than last week (6.3 vs. 6.4 last week), but remained at a solid 24% share.

The highest rated show of the night was Strictly Come Dancing on BBC ONE with 8.3 millions and 35% share. (about 3% raise)

Top Gear was the highest rated show on BBC2 by 2.1mil viewers.

Furthermore, Top Gear episode 10x01 was only at 6/23% share, so overall it's up about 5%, which is very good.

Last edited:
fantastic news! well done TG!

can't believe they were beaten by The Royal though, it's an awful show IMO.

I don't understand these two numbers:

Top Gear was the highest ratest show on BBC2 by 2.1mil viewers.

Why is there a difference?

second one is highest rated show on BBC2 for that day i think :)

I don't understand these two numbers:

Top Gear was the highest ratest show on BBC2 by 2.1mil viewers.

Why is there a difference?

It means Top Gear scored 6.3, the 2nd highest rated show on BBC2 show this sunday scored 4.1mil. So top gear did 2.1 mil better ))

TG attracted almost 0,15% less viewers, than last week (6.3 vs. 6.4 last week), but remained at a solid 24% share.

That doesn't surprise me too much, a lot of bonfire night stuff happened Sunday, I know I missed top gear because of that

What an amazing episode though, will be interesting to see how many people watch the rerun. I'm betting at least 2/3 of that 6.3 million.

People find old things in their houses, and take them to a big tent, where some experts and Michael Aspel tell them if they're worth anything or not.

The overnights are out for Wednesday's repeat.

Top Gear got Top Gear 2.0 million with a 9.3% share - the third most popular in its timeslot and the sixth most watched on BBC TWO that night.

Third in its timeslot after The One Show (3.9 million) and Emmerdale (7.7 million).

Autumnwatch - 3.6 million 15.7% share
Heroes - 2.5 million 10.5% share
Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two - 2.6 million 12.6% share
The Weakest Link - 2.4 million 16.7% share
Eggheads - 2.3 million 11.8% share
Top Gear - 2.0 million 9.3% share